It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• What is a great inner thigh workout???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
    Browneyegoddess
    (female)

Browneyegoddess HB User
    What is a great inner thigh workout???

Hmmm... I was just wondering...thanks so much if ya'll can help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
    Lisa101010
    Inactive
    (female)

Lisa101010 HB User
    Re: What is a great inner thigh workout???

Oh, I was always so worried about my inner thighs when I was younger too.

I think in order to work on them you just have to do an overall diet/exercise plan with lots of cardio and eat less calories.

However to specifically work on your thighs, you can buy a thigh master (which is that thing you put between your legs and then squeeze it). Or, a good exercise is to lay on your side with your bottom leg bent and then lift it up using your inner thigh muscles.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
    Browneyegoddess
    (female)

Browneyegoddess HB User

I do the exercise you told me and it doesn't work very well. It works my hamstrings and my knees. I must not be doing it right.We get our new tred mill(sp) this weekend so that will help. thanks

Old 04-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
    Ding
    Veteran
    (female)

Ding HB User

good inner thigh exercise - lie on your back. lift you legs up, slightly bent at the knee. make sure your lower back is pressed against the floor, then slowly widen your legs as far as you can, then bring them in to meet in again, and repeat. you can vary this by doing the moves faster or slower, or by crossing your legs over when they meet in the middle, or holding your legs out wide and doing small 'pulse' movements. gradually increase the number of times you do this as it gets easier

Old 04-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #5
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

OK this is kind of like the last one mentioned, but I used to do this one in dance class and it's pretty good.. you just lay on your back and lift your legs straight in the air. What you do is just criss cross them and make them go all the way out, and keep doing it, kind of like scissors. Also, if you ever go to a gym, there are machines meant for this that are awesome! They are thigh presses and have a seat with little things you put your legs on the outside of, and you bring your legs together with whatever amount of weight on the parts you want. They also have an opposite one, where the machine is on the outside and you push your legs out (working out outer thighs). Both work great!

Old 04-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
    thorpe
    Inactive
    (male)

thorpe HB User

Your body does not burn fat according to which muscles you work ,it burns fat according to how many calories, or how much energy you burn during a workout. Running would be the best thing.

Closed Thread