It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• sweaty armpits- ah!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
    claire.rebecca
    (female)

claire.rebecca HB User
    Unhappy sweaty armpits- ah!

Hi! I just turned 14 but this started happening in August of 2005. I have been getting dark rings in my shirts all the time and I am forced to wear a jacket, even when I am hot. The sweating happens not when I am hot, nervous, or anything. It happens pretty much daily. I have used many deoderants: Dove, Adidas, dry stick and more. I layer it on daily.

Does any one know what I can do about this. I know it may be hormones but it can ruin my day and I hate it. Are there and products that can help me??? I am so desperate!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #2
    lauralu2000
    (female)

lauralu2000 HB User
    Re: sweaty armpits- ah!

One of my daughters had this happening to her as well. Alot of the times it's hormones but either way it's no fun. She too would wear a coat or sweatshirt which only made things worse. She just started wearing darker colors for a time. Like black and darker brown t-shirts. It helpes it to not be so noticable. Eventually it got better. But it's not fun. She also took a Deoderant stick to school and would put more on during the day as well as add powder to her armpits. She eventually had some luck with a mans Deoderant... I can't remember what kind it was though sorry about that.

You also might want to run it past your Dr as well. I think I read somewhere that this can be a life long problem for a few and there are perscription Deoderants that also help.

Good luck to you..........

Old 04-23-2006, 07:21 AM   #3
    scarlet_fay
    (female)

scarlet_fay HB User

HI,

First don't panic. This is a very common problem. Many women (and men) experience excess sweating. I can be caused by hormones, nerves, anger, genetics or just because you are too hot. The bad news is, that normally it is for life, but do not worry.

In the winter it can be easily dealt with by wearing clothing that covers the signs, for example sweatshirts or coats. But in the summer it is much harder to cover up. My first suggestion would be to try a deodorant called Mitchum Active, it is very good even for very heavy sweaters. If that isn't helping you have two choices. 1, just live with it. It's only a bit of sweat and most people don't even notice it, even if it's a massive sweat mark. 2, visit the doctors, there are some great proscriptions deodorants out there that may work for you completely.

Please don't worry about it, as you get older you realize that it isn't worth worrying about. Try the above tips and remember about there are a good number of people with the same problem.

From
    Scarlet

Old 04-23-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
    crossmyheart<3
    (female)

crossmyheart<3 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by claire.rebecca
    Hi! I just turned 14 but this started happening in August of 2005. I have been getting dark rings in my shirts all the time and I am forced to wear a jacket, even when I am hot. The sweating happens not when I am hot, nervous, or anything. It happens pretty much daily. I have used many deoderants: Dove, Adidas, dry stick and more. I layer it on daily.

Does any one know what I can do about this. I know it may be hormones but it can ruin my day and I hate it. Are there and products that can help me??? I am so desperate!
    Hey! I can relate to your problem. Heres the deal, try antiperspirants with a higher amount of aluminum gly (which is what stops the sweating). If that doesn't work go see your doctor and ask for drysol. It's a great product and hopefully it will work for you. I've heard aluminum isn't the greatest thing for your body but I know it stops sweat really well. Talk to your doctor about it, its the best thing you can do
    Best Wishes!

Old 04-24-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
    Candice561

Candice561 HB User

My friend suffers from just ONE sweaty armpit... she gets botox injections to stop the sweating

Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
    IcyDestiny
    (female)

IcyDestiny HB User

deodorants containing aluminum is very bad for you it gets absorbed and long term usage will give u health problems.. i have this problem as well but i just wear tank tops so my sweat doesnt show.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
    crossmyheart<3
    (female)

crossmyheart<3 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IcyDestiny
    deodorants containing aluminum is very bad for you it gets absorbed and long term usage will give u health problems..
    supposidly

Last edited by crossmyheart<3; 04-30-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
    Kaytee708

Kaytee708 HB User

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I'm 15, almost 16, and have been battling this problem for about a year now. I really started to notice it last summer, when i started to get HUGE sweat rings on my shirts. I got a perscription deoderant but it didnt really help because i could only apply it twice a week at night. It makes me really upset to, like you, have to wear a jacket all the time. Its getting so bad now, the sweat even goes through the jackets! To make matters worse, im in show chior...and i have to dance...and put my arms up. It made me feel so horrible so my mom found these pads things at JoAnne Fabrics that stick in your shirts. I used them once..and i broke out in both my armpits. The breakout is getting worse and it hurts. The sweating wont stop. im running out of ideas. i think im going to try mens deoderant

I dont really have any advice, but i just wanted whoever is reading this who struggles with this problem to know that your not the only one out there! Im in this with you!! lol. good luck everyone!

Old 05-11-2006, 06:13 AM   #9
    crossmyheart<3
    (female)

crossmyheart<3 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaytee708
    Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I'm 15, almost 16, and have been battling this problem for about a year now. I really started to notice it last summer, when i started to get HUGE sweat rings on my shirts. I got a perscription deoderant but it didnt really help because i could only apply it twice a week at night. It makes me really upset to, like you, have to wear a jacket all the time. Its getting so bad now, the sweat even goes through the jackets! To make matters worse, im in show chior...and i have to dance...and put my arms up. It made me feel so horrible so my mom found these pads things at JoAnne Fabrics that stick in your shirts. I used them once..and i broke out in both my armpits. The breakout is getting worse and it hurts. The sweating wont stop. im running out of ideas. i think im going to try mens deoderant

I dont really have any advice, but i just wanted whoever is reading this who struggles with this problem to know that your not the only one out there! Im in this with you!! lol. good luck everyone!
    hey when you first started the prescription did you use it a few days in a row? because you are suppose to use it for two days and then if you still need more go for another day ...

Closed Thread