It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Can any guy get any girl?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
    TheTwo^Pigeons
    (male)

TheTwo^Pigeons HB User
    Can any guy get any girl?

I know a lot of people say that this is true but sometimes I doubt it. I mean for a start there is a lot of these beautiful looking people on films and television and personally you don't see them with an ugly person. So girls if a guy was really ugly do you think you could really be won over by personality? Honestly, I mean some definately can but I am sure thatr their are some girls who couldn't. Anyway what do you think about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
    IcyDestiny
    (female)

IcyDestiny HB User
    Re: Can any guy get any girl?

sure looks are the first thing people see but i think its possible to like a guy for his personality.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
    Giggle 55
    (female)

Giggle 55 HB User

yah looks catch ur eye...but personality keeps you there...i mean there is this absolutly gorgeous guy in my school i mean perfect...but he is addicted to alcohol and dip so all the girls stay away really it is on the inside but im not gonna lie looks do alot...sry

Old 05-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
    minnesotagirl
    Inactive
    (female)

minnesotagirl HB User

Absolutely not. A guy cannot get any girl he wants. I don't know why you have that impression. Females are independent thinkers and have their own standards and expectations in a boyfriend -- if you don't match up with someone, you can't force them to change their minds. That is not the way life works at all. Life isn't fair.

While it is true that an attractive girl might be attracted to a less-than-attractive guy based on his personality (and vica versa), you cannot make a generalization that every girl will be that way. Some girls have very high standards. Many guys are the same way -- they set too high of standards for themselves, especially when it comes to the way a woman looks. Men tend to base so much on looks, especially when they are immature, because men think so much about sex. But women also can base a lot of their attraction on looks. There have been times when I wouldn't go out with a guy because I wasn't physically attracted to him.

You need to find someone who is a good match for you. When you get older, you'll realize yourself that looks are superficial. As an adult (27 years), I prefer to date people who are in the same "league" as me as far as looks. While I don't entirely base my decision on looks, it is a factor.

I actually think the opposite is true in many cases -- that a girl can get any guy she wants, well at least for physical interaction. When you're older, dating favors women more than men, meaning it is much easier for a woman to pick up a guy than the other way around.

I don't want to knock your self esteem here, but I just want you to be real and have real expectations. Women aren't objects for men to have -- just a little worried you're thinking that way with the comment "I know a lot of people say it is true that any guy can get any girl." Its not true.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Well of course it is POSSIBLE, but it rarely happens that way to get any person you want. That person has to be attracted to you in some way or another. If somebody is not interested, then of course there will not really be much of a chance. But yes, some lesser attractive people date VERY attractive people as long as they like that person and how they are. Plus, one person may be ugly to one person, but somebody else may think they are hot!

Old 05-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
    USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheTwo^Pigeons
    II mean for a start there is a lot of these beautiful looking people on films and television and personally you don't see them with an ugly person.
    you also see people gettin shot 40 times n still standing, people get put through walls.. people mke cars fly...
    that dosnt mean its true,
    well, to be honest, in my opinion..yes ANY guy can get a girl... like..id rather go out with an ugly girl thats a nice person before id go out with a model who's mean!!

Last edited by Mo-S4; 05-13-2006 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Vulgar language is not allowed on these boards. Neither is attempting to disguise it.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
    TheTwo^Pigeons
    (male)

TheTwo^Pigeons HB User

I didn't mean to offend anyone by this question. I don't want to imply women are objects either because I truly respect them and I have friends who are girls. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about a guy who isn't really that attractive and if he could get a girl who looks like a super model. Now I'm not saying I'm unattractive and have always been called good looking even though I havn't been that successful with girls. Anyway I just wanted to reply in saying I'm sorry if I hurt anyone by my first question.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #8
    sublime_thought
    (male)

sublime_thought HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by USER-NAME
    well, to be honest, in my opinion..yes ANY guy can get a girl... like..id rather go out with an ugly girl thats a nice person before id go out with a model who's mean!!
    wouldnt we all but the problem is that usually there are people who are hotter and just as nice in the equation which makes the situation intensely intimidating. i personally think that unfortionally some people are out of reach although this might be pesimistic thinking and the very thing that keeps them out of reach...

Old 06-10-2006, 01:50 AM   #9
    p4ksoul
    (male)

p4ksoul HB User

Well, you like attractive women yes? Why dont you find out the question yourself and start putting things into action. Fight for what you want and your dreams, but dont let things get out of perseption of reality. There are many many attractive women out there and Im sure one is willing to experence some of your steam

Old 06-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #10
    jetter2
    (male)

jetter2 HB User

Girls are emotional creatures.

dumb *******.

Last edited by jetter2; 06-26-2006 at 07:01 AM.

Closed Thread