It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• BELLYBUTTON RiNG HELP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
    RicanDyme
    (female)

RicanDyme HB User
    Question BELLYBUTTON RiNG HELP

HEY GUYS & GALS! WHAT'S UP? OK i HAVE A BELLYBUTTON RiNG & i THiNK iT'S ABOUT TiME TO TAKE iT OUT. i HAVE A HOOP BELLYBUTTON RiNG BUT i HAVE NO iDEA HOW TO TAKE iT OUT i KEEP TRYiNG TO UNSCREW THE BALL BUT iT iSN'T DOiNG ANYTHiNG. iS THAT WHAT i AM SUPPOSE TO DO OR AM i DOiNG SOMETHiNG WRONG?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
    fallen_angel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

fallen_angel HB User
    Re: BELLYBUTTON RiNG HELP

the ball should be what unscrews it but those ball closure rings are really awkward, they almost need to be "popped" out to get them to come undone. my best advice would be to go to a piercing place and get them to remove it they can take them out really easily, they sometimes use these little pliers to unscrew it but it doesnt hurt atall

Old 06-06-2006, 12:34 AM   #3
    HugMeLoveMe06
    (female)

HugMeLoveMe06 HB User

yaa...i agree..go to the piercing place...the hoop ones are really hard to take out yourself and sometimes when you're trying to play around with it to get it out you can accidently irritate the piercing and cause it to hurt...for how long have you had it?

Old 06-14-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I got a barbell at first but the little ball was screwed on SO tight and practically impossible to unscrew. I got it off eventually, but I would definitely suggest going to the place! They can do it for you and show you how to do it yourself. The recommended time before changing it is 6 months, but the place I went to said 5 is fine if you go get it changed at the place. Make sure you don't do it early.. some people try to do it after a month or two, but it can get really sore and take longer to heal doing that.

Some hoops, like the captive beads ones I have in my cartilage, the bead just pops out, so it is hard to tell since a lot of body jewelry is different! You don't want to try to pop the bead out when it was supposed to be twisted out and accidentally yank it and hurt yourself!! Ouch!!

Old 07-04-2006, 05:08 AM   #5
    xxkandikiddiexx
    (female)

xxkandikiddiexx HB User

Hello. I have many piercings and I have the knowladge of a professional piercer. From the way it sounds, your talking about a CBR (Captive Bead Ring.) You must pop the ball/bead out to take the ring itself out. In order to take the ball out you can use your nails by simply sliding your nail between the ball and ring and gently pushing. It may take awile. Or you can go to your piercer and have them use the ring opener pliers. Its much easier and most of the time free of charge.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
    stephhh558
    (female)

stephhh558 HB User

how much does it cost usually to get your bellybutton pierced...?because my parents told me i could get it done if i paid for it..

Closed Thread