It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Red dots everywhere help?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
    amandabhere
    (female)

amandabhere HB User
    Unhappy Red dots everywhere help?!

Okay. I'm 14 and I am overweight. I don't know if teens get this but then yet I've read on it that alot of ppl get it when they are in their teens. I don't know. After my period when I was around 12 I started to get these bumps on my arms. I thought maybe they would just go away. They're not pimples or anythin' they don't even hurt. They turn really red after I have a shower or go outside. When I'm relaxed they just disappear and when I get back up and start to do things they come back up. You can feel hundreds of them on my arms from to my elbow to my shoulder to across my back and to my other arm. Instead from my elbow to my hands I sometimes get this big red dots. After I clean they appear and look like blood clots under my skin. Then they disappear after a few hours. About 30 minutes ago I just took a shower and found three on my left arm. They're like lil red dots that are all bunched (spellcheck?) up all together and you can see that. But they're reder than the ones on my shoulders and legs. Some of them get bigger than the others too. I went to the doctor and they say that I get them because I'm over weight. Psh my mom never had them. My friend never had them either. For some reason my sister has them too. Is it from the family? Becuz I've never seen this on someone else. Then my legs also have red dots. They're all over my legs from my knee down to my ankle. They're really small but then they get reder when I do things like my arms. They don't itch or burn or anything. They're just there. Then I started to notice that I was gettin' them on my brest. Not on my chest but on on my breast. I'm not sexually active or anything. The dots just started to come after my first period. I don't know about the overweight problem but other overweight people I see don't have the red dots. I've only seen that my sister and I has them. Can someone help me?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
    Ding
    Veteran
    (female)

Ding HB User
    Re: Red dots everywhere help?!

it could be related to your ciculation. i'll be blunt, overweight people tend to have poorer circulation as the body has to work harder to maintain the blood flow to an increased mass. and maybe this is showing itself physically on your body through these red dots.

its hard, but i think the best thing to try would be to get started with some excercise. I myself used to have strange blotchy legs, and didnt like the look of my skin at all. I was also unfit and unhappy with my looks. but I joind up to an aerobics class twice a week, and started jogging. after a while i noticed my skin appeared much more evenly toned and healthy, and i put this down to my circulation being strenghthed through the excercise. now I have ran two 10 kilometre races and am in a running club! i am just about to turn 19 now. it just shows that you can make positive changes in your life if you really stick to it, and at 14 it would be a good age to change things now while your young, and hopefully your skin will thank you for it. when we are unhealthy inside it often shows on the outside

best of luck

Closed Thread