It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Ways to grow taller

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
    applegrape
    (male)

applegrape HB User
    Ways to grow taller

im only 5'3.5
    is there any ways to grow taller like stretching or basketball?
    could you tell me any tips on growing because i feel real short

Last edited by moderator2; 10-08-2006 at 05:53 PM. Reason: do not post your age on the public forums

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
    Bracelet
    Inactive
    (female)

Bracelet HB User
    Re: Ways to grow taller

Can I tell you something? A lot of the guys I went to school with were not that tall and I remembered them being only slightly taller than me when we graduated.

But then I saw them at our 10 year high school reunion, and I swear that ALL of them looked SO much taller than I remembered! I mean seriously, like ALL of them looked way taller.

The last time i saw any of them, they were between 17-18 years old, but then I saw them 10 years later and they must have grown a lot in those years.

So I just wanted to say, unless being short runs in your family, you still have growing to do after you graduate high school. I mean, unless there was something in the water out here that made them all grow in height, but I doubt it.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
    applegrape
    (male)

applegrape HB User

but do you guys know any tips on growing??

Old 10-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #4
    lady66
    (female)

lady66 HB User

you cant make yourself grow no matter what you try. Stretching isnt going to do a thing. I dont know how old you are so you still might be growing. But no, there is nothing you can do, trust me if there were I would know, I am only 5'2.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
    minnesotagirl
    Inactive
    (female)

minnesotagirl HB User

There is no way to grow taller. That is up to your genes.

Even for people with dwarfism (i.e. little people), there is no easy way. There is an extreme procedure that people with dwarfism can undergo that involves breaking bones. But there is no way you could ever receive that procedure unless you have that condition. There are no herbs, no medicines, no stretches, no magic pills, no sports, no activities. You just have to let your body grow. Don't you think if there was a magic way to grow taller that everyone would do it and it'd be common knowledge? But that is not the case.

Don't worry about feeling short. It is just something you have to deal with in life. The pop star Prince is 5'2" and he's had a very successful life (and no problems with the ladies!).

Plus, if you're still in your teens -- there's a pretty good chance that you'll grow. Look at your family members. You might not grow the same as your mom or your dad, but it is a good indicator.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #6
    CA91
    (male)

CA91 HB User

Alright, well, here's what I know bro!:
    Your genetics determine 70% of your height.. If your dad is 5'10" and your mom is 5'5" chances are you'll be around 5'8"-6'.. What determines this 4(approx.) inch difference? Well, basically, the luck of the draw+your environment and the way you treat your body.. You've got to eat healthy, get proper sleep and try to excercise(but don't overdo!).. This is what determines how your body grows through-out childhood. In my case, as a youngin' I never had a whole lot of an appetite, so my bone structure is relatively small as is my height(124lbs 5'7" 14.8y/o) it's also possible that the genes weren't in my favour.. Perhaps I got more genes from my mom's side(they're relatively short people) where as my brother(husky guy who was around 5'10" at my age and 5'11" right now at 17) perhaps got more genes from my father! Either that or it's that I didn't have an apetite as a child.

So basically, the genes you inherit from your parents are the defining feature of how tall you will be.. But how you eat from age 1-21ish also determine your height, but not as much as your genes do(1-15ish for women).

Also keep in mind that there are Average bloomers, Early Bloomers and Late Bloomers.. Average bloomers grow gradually throughout puberty(13ish-21ish) starting puberty around late 12s to late 13s.. Early bloomers tend to get most of their growing done from 11-15 beggining puberty at like 9 to early12s.. Late bloomers tend to get their growing done at the last minute(14.5+ is when they start puberty)..

Hope I helped!

Last edited by CA91; 10-10-2006 at 05:37 PM.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
    wager101
    (male)

wager101 HB User

There is no real way to grow taller. There is only way thing that might help but its obviosuly natural. I know I might get some heat but stay with me on this. I don't know if this is new information or not, sorry I am not up to date on health facts. My Mom is a nurse and its like i guess fact/study that men grow until the age of 21. I'm 5 foot 10, 5 foot 11 at the most but im only 19. I know im still growing. I'm only a freshman at college but I think I might be 6 foot 2, 6 foot 3 by the time im 21.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
    CA91
    (male)

CA91 HB User

Hmm.. I'd say you'd be lucky to get 5'11"-6', but what do I know.. I'm only 14

Old 10-29-2006, 03:53 AM   #9
    ked7
    (male)

ked7 HB User

I am 6'4, the only thing I think that leads to my height is milk. I drink lots of milk, 3 to 4 cups of it a day. Usually I will have a glass that is about 2.5cups in total.

Anyways, I have been drinking milk for so very long. I have reached my maximum (i think) hegiht now at age 18.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #10
    Ding
    Veteran
    (female)

Ding HB User

"like stretching or basketball"

....tall people play basketball because their height gives them an advantage in it, the sport itself doesn't make you tall

Last edited by Ding; 10-29-2006 at 10:11 AM.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:27 AM   #11
    lankmeister
    (male)

lankmeister HB User

lol hey lady sounds like u hav a bitta a prob...but trust me being tall is not wat its all cracked up 2 b-im 6 ft 8 and im 15...its all a bit shockin i wood give 2 b short for a day...look seriously i feel like that all the time, but i think if u tried anything 2 make urself taller it wood either a)not work or b) cause u health problems or somthing. You cant change ur genes and it is unfortunate but there isnt much u can do about it. the only reason im so tall is becuz of my genes, i dont do anything differently, i eat the same as every1 else, and if u tried to do anything unnatural to ur body then it would be possible hazardous to your health. so stick wif it m8, dont worry-i envy u!!!

Closed Thread