It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Rapid puberty?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
    jacks2345
    (male)

jacks2345 HB User
    Rapid puberty?

I have just recently turned 18 and my body has been making fast changes adnormially. Since I have recently turned 18 In August. I have grew an inch over the summer time, and my voice now cracks( it cracked two years ago but I thought it was over). My facial hair is growing in and now tiny hair pores on my chest and back are beginning to appear. All this wasn't appearing 6 months ago. Is this normal? Doesn't it seem a little too fast? Everybody I know has noticed it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
    Sirri
    (female)

Sirri HB User
    Re: Rapid puberty?

Its not abnormal to grow considerably during puberty and while many believe the average age for puberty is 16 ...
    it can happen as early as age 8 and as late as mid 20s.
    It also isnt something that occurs just over 1 summer. Puberty generally lasts several years.

When did your dad go through puberty?
    Did he go through anything similar to what you are currently experiencing?
    Its a tough topic to bring up but asking questions is in your best interest and will hopefully easy your worries.

You could also call your doctors office and speak to his/her nurse and find out if theyre concerned enough that you should be seen.
    While chances are its just a late sudden burst of puberty, it doesnt hurt to ask questions and seek medical advice if you are concerned.

Good luck

Old 11-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
    pantherwrestler
    Inactive
    (male)

pantherwrestler HB User

Everyones different. Some people get facial hair at 15 some at 18. Everyone is unique. From the information you provided, I don't feel that anything you mentioned is abnormal. You went through a growth spurt and your voice is perhaps changing.

Theres nothing abnormal at all. If you need more reassurance, I would schedule appointment with your doctor and get his/her words on the issue.

Last edited by pantherwrestler; 11-04-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
    JinL
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Some guys grow several inches in one year while in their teens.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
    chrissy16
    (male)

chrissy16 HB User

hey im 18 as well. The same thing has happened to me. i have grown over 2 inches in a year dont worry about it. its nomal

Old 12-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
    kamikaze
    (male)

kamikaze HB User

hey I'm curious, im about to turn 18 in couple more days, every1 says i look like im 12, i dont have a lot of body hair cept in my pubic region and a lil in my armpits, my voice hasnt cracked. Im a senior now and I was wondering if im done reaching puberty? I biggest growth spurt i had was when the summer before 10th grade and i gain 2 inches and i havnt grown since then, im 5'8 now. i see people gain like 3-4 inches then another 3-4 inches, like they had like multiple huge growth spurts =/...

Closed Thread