It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• I moustache you a question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
    Angelwing
    (female)

Angelwing HB User
    Unhappy I moustache you a question

I'm an average teenage girl, and have brown - dark brown hair.

About two years ago my friends picked on me because i had a faint moustache, so i started shaving it.

But when it grows back the hairs are about as dark as my eyebrows and it is very embaressing. I used hair removal cream once which burnt my skin, so i cannot use it because i have sensitive skin. My friend has bleached hers, but it looks silly, and i dont want to end up looking like her. I have been plucking the hairs out recently but there are too many hairs to get. I dont know what else to do!

Please give me advice

I'm ashamed!
    I dont want to end up being one of those old ladies with a thick stubble, will that happen to me?

I dont even want to end up being a teenage girl with stubble either.

Help!

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
    CalistaBear
    (female)

CalistaBear HB User
    Re: I moustache you a question

You shouldn't have shaved it. Once you do that, hair will grow back darker and longer..and not to mention stubble!! You could get a laser treatment and get it removed for good. Kind of expensive but it's definitely worth the money.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:02 AM   #3
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

Awe I feel for you dear. I definately wouldnt shave there again.

Other than laser hair removal, I would try waxing. You could go to a beautician or attempt to do it yourself (make sure you follow directions). If your doing it yourself, put an ice pack or some sort of frozen food on your upper lip for about 20mins to cool the area and then put aloe vera on for a few hours. You shouldnt have a reaction then.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
    jen52983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jen52983 HB User

Being as you're a teenager, and even most adults don't have the money for lazer hair removal.. I would invest in reasonably priced at-home waxing products.

I have battled the embarrassing upper-lip hair myself! I've tried bleach. It was ok, but the hair was still there. Then I was using a hair removal cream. This worked, but it did leave the skin red and irritated for a little while afterwards. And you had to make sure not to leave it on too long, or it could burn your skin. Now I use a wax. Just pop it in the microwave for a bit, let it cool, then apply. It's a bit messy, and a bit painful to remove. But tolerable and it works pretty well. Once in a while I get a few thick dark hairs, like my eye brows, which I tweeze. I use the wax about once a month. Just gotta keep an eye out for any dark obvious hairs that pop up.

Just make sure to read and follow the directions carefully.

A little secret of mine... aslways carry a tweezer on you!

Old 12-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #5
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

It is actually a myth that hair will grow back thicker and darker after shaving. Actually it DOES but this is temporary.. the ends of the hair are blunt and make it look thick, but eventually it will taper off. Also, hair that was out before may be lightened by the sun so fresh hair may be darker. BUT I feel like shaving my legs too often does make it grow back faster.

Anyway, I know friends who have upper lip hair and they either get it threaded or waxed. That way the results last a lot longer than shaving or using hair removal creams, and the hair is completely gone instead of just lightening it. You probably should get this done by a pro at first since it can be tricky. Talk to your parents about it.. I am sure they can help you find a good place.

Closed Thread