It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Girlfriend and parties causing me to really worry..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
    Musicdude
    (male)

Musicdude HB User
    Girlfriend and parties causing me to really worry..

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for a few months and everything is great. I love her alot and she means very much to me. We have a great connection and it seems like my life is complete and is perfect, at the time being. The only thing is, my girlfriend used to smoke alot of weed and drink alot and party alot, before she met me back around December. She has changed alot and doesnt smoke anymore, rarely drinks, and doesnt party too much anymore (she says i changed her views on things very much for the better). Well, she still goes to parties now and then with her friends, and i find that it really worries me. I know she loves me, but due to past experiences, i find it hard to completely trust my girlfriends. So im always worrying if maybe she is smoking or drunk somewhere or cheating. She has done nothing to make me think that she would ever cheat, but my mind always goes back to that and i dont know why. It really bothers me and stresses me out, and its stupid stress that i am doing to myself for not trusting her. I dont know what i should do about this. I have gone to a few parties with her and its great fun, we have a blast. I just worry when she goes alone with friends. I dont know what i should do..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
    Aquaticgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
    Re: Girlfriend and parties causing me to really worry..

You have to communicate more with her. Let her know that you care about her and that you would hate to see her get hurt. Tell her what you just told us!

Old 03-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
    Bluesy
    (female)

Bluesy HB User

Just sit down with her and have a talk. Let her know exactly how you feel and don't hold anything back. And as far as you having a hard time trusting her.. You need to get over that. If she hasn't given you a reason to not trust her then what do you have to worry about? Just because it's happened to you in the past don't bring it to the present. Maybe you guys could go to parties together instead of alone.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
    Shea72
    (female)

Shea72 HB User

Awe. Well, I suggest maybe talking to her about it. I mean worrying about it so much is deffinatly not good. You should explain to her that you love her and everything you mentioned in the forum and tell her that you are just concered. It's better to get it all out in the open believe me. If she really loves you she will have no problem opening up to your concerns. Just dont put her in an awkward position where shes uncomfortable. Make sure it's casuall and not "in your face" kind of deal. Good luck. =]

Closed Thread