It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Girlfriend always on my mind, bad thing?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
    Musicdude
    (male)

Musicdude HB User
    Girlfriend always on my mind, bad thing?

Me and my girlfriend have been going out a few months, we're great, never fight, have alot of fun together, etc. I love her alot and i know she feels the same with me. But the only thing that bothers me, is that she is alwaysss on my mind. I can understand if i havent seen her in a few days or if she is sick or something like that, but in my case, even if i just saw her an hour ago, she wont get out of my head. All during the weekend, if im not with her, im thinking about her. If she is out with a friend for the night/day, im thinking about her. The only time im not is when im talking to her, with her, and when im watching movies or something. I dont know if this is a bad thing . I love her and all, but i wish she wasnt all i thought about. I want to be able to go moments without wondering what she is doing, its like i cant have a thought about anything but her. And sometimes i think really stupid things and get all worked up about it and i start wondering even more about her. It makes me seem really insecure. Is there anything that anyone can tell me that will tell me if this is a bad thing

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
    Seraph
    Facilitator
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Girlfriend always on my mind, bad thing?

There will be many women on this board who wish you were THEIR boyfriend!! Is it nice thinking about her? Keep doing it, but make sure you wrench yourself out of it for eating, sleeping, bathing etc. Seriously tho, this is the stage of a romance when this does happen, it is pretty much guaranteed to taper off a bit over the months. Perhaps, for your own sake another interest or two would be a good idea. Some pals, maybe, to go to a game or something. Cheers, Sera

Old 03-18-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
    Musicdude
    (male)

Musicdude HB User

haha yes it is nice thinking, i just wonder if shes having fun with her friends or what shes up to at home or stuff like that. I just feel like im too overprotective or maybe its kinda weird i think about her sooo much, but i guess its not. I guess its just that fact that i like her so much. Usually if i go out with my friends then i do start to stop thinking so much about her, so i will take that into mind. And also i kinda wanna stop thinking about her so much, i want to be able to go and have fun and not have her in my mind the entire time

Last edited by Musicdude; 03-18-2007 at 10:33 PM.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
    Aquaticgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Musicdude View Post
    Me and my girlfriend have been going out a few months, we're great, never fight, have alot of fun together, etc. I love her alot and i know she feels the same with me. But the only thing that bothers me, is that she is alwaysss on my mind. I can understand if i havent seen her in a few days or if she is sick or something like that, but in my case, even if i just saw her an hour ago, she wont get out of my head. All during the weekend, if im not with her, im thinking about her. If she is out with a friend for the night/day, im thinking about her. The only time im not is when im talking to her, with her, and when im watching movies or something. I dont know if this is a bad thing . I love her and all, but i wish she wasnt all i thought about. I want to be able to go moments without wondering what she is doing, its like i cant have a thought about anything but her. And sometimes i think really stupid things and get all worked up about it and i start wondering even more about her. It makes me seem really insecure. Is there anything that anyone can tell me that will tell me if this is a bad thing

thanks

It definately sounds like you have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

Old 03-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
    Trixibel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Trixibel HB User

No!!!! I don't agree with that at all. I think it's normal when you're in a new relationship to think about the other person all the time. Being newly 'in love' or 'infatuated' is highly addictive. When you've been together a bit longer your thinking will start to go back to normal.

I agree with the person who said keep up your other interests. Don't invest your whole life in one person. You'll be more interesting to her, if you're interested in other things as well.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #6
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

There's a fine line between just thinking about someone all the time because it's a new relationship and becoming totally obsessed. It's a very fine line and it sounds like you're almost crossing it by the last response that you made.

Therefore, my suggestion is similar to what others have said. Make sure you have other interests aside from your new gf to occupy your time when you are not with her. You can't continue spending all of your free time obsessing over what she is doing, where she is, who she is with, etc. because you'll turn into a controlling bf which would be the kiss of death in most normal relationships.

And contrary to what someone else posted, I personally would never want a bf who was completely obsessed with me and had no other hobbies. I like having time to myself and time with my friends, time with my family, and also time with my bf. I believe in a well-balanced life in which I make time for everyone. And I don't think it's cool if a bf of mine is constantly nagging me about where I am or who I'm with or what I'm doing when I'm not with him because that implies that he is needy and can't handle being alone. I don't like guys like that. I've dated that type before and it's really not cool at all.

Just get some hobbies and start spending some time with friends when you are not with her. Otherwise you'll start smothering her and you'll end up pushing her away. There's nothing wrong with thinking about her when you're apart, but don't make her be the only thing you think about at all.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #7
    ann-elise
    (female)

ann-elise HB User

Quote:
    And also i kinda wanna stop thinking about her so much, i want to be able to go and have fun and not have her in my mind the entire time

With that being said, I'll have to disagree on the whole OCD and obsession theory. I say it's just that stage in your relationship. My bf and I went through that when we first started dating. Sad to say/luckily, it did taper off. It doesn't mean we love eachother any less. It just means that our relationship has gotten deeper. That's how I look at it.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #8
    Teresi
    (male)

Teresi HB User

I feel the same way. My girlfriend is always on my mind. I'm always thinking about if shes out having fun and such. shes an amazing girl. Then if I feel I'm being mean to her I'll feel bad about it all day even if its something small. I wish you luck man. I really don't mind thinking about her because it makes me happy knowing I have her.

Last edited by Teresi; 04-09-2007 at 09:26 PM.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #9
    Longview
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AquaticChic33 View Post
    It definately sounds like you have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

This is just totally dumb to say. Apparently you do not know that that disorder is.

Its COMPLETELY normal to be infatuated with someone when you first get together. thats the absolute best part! It just shows you care about her and hopefully she is doing the same thing you are. Maybe you should tell her you do this..im sure it would brighten her day as more women wish there partners thought this way! Its not a bad thing at all and as some other people on her said as time goes on it will not be like that..at least not like it is now. Right now you are just in that mushy gushy love stage. Enjoy it!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #10
    Limezeey
    (male)

Limezeey HB User

You don't have ocd. If you only focus on your girlfriend, it shows your love relations. It's normal, And I have the same thing. Just don't get stressed like me with other things. I'm with you brotha, I feal you.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:17 AM   #11
    Chez19
    (female)

Chez19 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trixibel View Post
    Being newly 'in love' or 'infatuated' is highly addictive. When you've been together a bit longer your thinking will start to go back to normal.

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and I still think about him all the time! I don't think an outsider can judge whether you are "obsessive" or not. You're in love... as long as you give her her space and aren't controlling... keep it up!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #12
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Aww I think that's a good thing! I know I was that way with my boyfriend at the beginning of the relationship. We've been together over 4 years and are going strong.. I still think about him a lot and worry if I can't get ahold of him, but I know I thought about him ALL the time in the first 6 months or so. As long as you aren't getting obsessive and not giving her space, then it's fine. Just make sure you still do your normal activities you enjoy and that you let her do her thing too. Some people accidentally smother each other. Sounds like you are just in love!

I also disagree with the OCD comment! If you had OCD you would be thinking about lots of random things over and over to the point that it was interfering with your everyday activities. I know sometimes little things bother me.. if a label on a can isn't facing forwards, I'll go fix it.. even in STORES, but my doctor said it isn't OCD since it isn't seriously bothering me and I'm not letting it control me and can walk away... I just prefer things very neat I guess!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #13
    seconhand
    (female)

seconhand HB User
    Wink Re: Girlfriend always on my mind, bad thing?

just because your girl freinds on your mind all the time dosent mean its bad unless its afecting school then i would not be worried

Closed Thread