It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• I Need To Talk! I Cant Stop Thinking About Him!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
    ali_juarez09
    (female)

ali_juarez09 HB User
    I Need To Talk! I Cant Stop Thinking About Him!

Ok..well last summer I met victor in summer school. That summer, i found out that I was moving to another city and he was aware of it. He would call all the time and always talk to me in class and come to my house once in a while. I figured that we just talked as friends because he had a girlfriend at the time. During summer school, he would always complain about her and how mad she would make him, and i'd give him advice.

One day, while he was at my house he kept on telling me that he didnt want me to move and he kept on hugging me and then our hands kind of fell upon each other. we werent really holding hands but my hand was ontop of his. I walked him out the door to his car and he stopped me and asked me, "can i tell you something?" and i said yes.. then he told me that he liked me and then reached in to kiss me. I was always sort of attracted to him but i never thought i really liked him that much...but i went with the flow.

Summer went on and we kept talking and him and his girlfriend broke up; we had agreed on staying together even if i moved. At my going away party, he was going to show up until another girl from summer school ( a good friend of his) asked him to give her a ride home. Instead of going to my going away party he drove her home...I found out and i was sort of upset. That night we got into somewhat of an argument over that and i asked him if he still wanted to continue talking since i was moving. He said no.

To make the long story short, I didnt really like him THAT much at the time, but to his day i find myself thinking about him ALL THE TIME. Now i'm like obsessed with him and hes been back with the girlfriend that he had been with before me since school started!!

I saw him and his girlfriend last weekend at my friends party and our eyes kept on meeting and my friends said they kept catching him looking at me. I'm wondering if he has the same feelings back? i cant stop thinking about him, i read our old instant message conversations and i never got any of the hints that he liked me at the time!! I really want to talk to him, but I dont want to call him if he doesnt feel the same way because i think he might be mad at me for kissing his best friend ....what do you suggest i do? PLEASE tell me the honest truth. Its already been a YEAR since we were together and I cant stop thinking about him!

Last edited by ali_juarez09; 07-17-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
    jenmarie81
    (female)

jenmarie81 HB User
    Re: I Need To Talk! I Cant Stop Thinking About Him!

um move on? hes with his girlfriend and he was just using you.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:26 AM   #3
    happymom28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

happymom28 HB User

It's been over a year. He told you that he didn't want to continue with you when you moved and he proved that by getting back with his ex-girlfriend. Move on! He is not worth your time. He is taken and probably doing to some other girl what he did to you last year.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:28 AM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

He sounds like a real jerk. I wouldn't waste another minute pining for him and I'd move on. I don't know how far away you moved, but there must be a ton of new guys you haven't even met yet in your new place who would be far better suited for you!

Old 07-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #5
    ads71
    (male)

ads71 HB User
    Smile Re: I Need To Talk! I Cant Stop Thinking About Him!

Give him the flick.. Like all you young girls you need to put yourselves on pedestels and accept nothing but the best..
    Plenty more good fish in the sea mate..

Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 AM   #6
    ncyky
    (female)

ncyky HB User

I understand how you feel (been there before), but HE HAS SOMEONE in his life! You really have no other choice but to move on. Just think about it..when a guy usually complain about their girlfriend (making their girl sound like such a terrible person)...do they ever leave their girl??? If you notice, 9 times out of 10, they usually stay with them and you will always end up on the back burner should they ever need something else on the side. Trust me you don't want that because that only leads to more hurt and pain. Find someone else to think about! He really isn't worth another thought...but I completely understand how you feel!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #7
    ali_juarez09
    (female)

ali_juarez09 HB User

Well him and his girlfriend had been together 2 years before he met me and hes just not that type of guy. i promise. And i don't think he used me because we did nothing more than pop kiss.. plus, he and his girlfriend took more than month to get back after me...he didnt go back to her right away! I sound foolish but i really want to know why he kept looking back at me!!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #8
    ncyky
    (female)

ncyky HB User

Perhaps you are hoping for more and that is why you are wondering why he kept looking at you. Yes, maybe he does like you...but so what! He has a girl. And let's say that he leaves her for you...there is the great possibility that he may leave you for someone else!!

Like I said before, I've been in this situation before and it really isn't fair to his girl...right!! So you must move on and stop thinking about him! Honestly...because you won't get anything out of this, but a broke heart eventually.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #9
    ali_juarez09
    (female)

ali_juarez09 HB User

well, i'd just like to talk to him as friends because i know theres no way that we'll get back because i live in a different town. I just don't know how to start up a conversation with him. I just want to get past the awkwardness!!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #10
    BrandyBobs Lady
    (female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User

Ali, I have been where you are. I met a guy back in 2004 via a dating site and we started emailing back and forth. He was with a woman for quite a while but claiming to be unhappy and that she squashed his dreams and made him feel like less of a man. Stupid me fell for it hook, line and sinker. I believed him cuz I had no reason not to. We had met in person and saw each other off and on. He decided he was going to leave her to be with me and packed all his things while she was at work, came to pick me up and we got to his new home when all of a sudden he had a change of heart after hearing her voice on the phone and dropped me off and said good bye without so much as a backward glance in March 2005. Months later we were back talking again and he said he had made a huge mistake and I was going to let him move in with me the beginning of March 2006. Again same thing happened. He packed up all his stuff got as far as 1/2 hour from me and turned back. Now tell me...am I a gullible idiot or what? After that I met someone else at the end of March 2006 who wasn't a user and did not meet him online. We emailed and spoke by phone before actually going out together the end of May 2006 and found we enjoy the same things and have a great passion for music and life. He loves me and shows me instead of just using pretty words and has not broken a promise to me. My intuitive side told me something was wrong with the other guy from the get go but I had high hopes with him and ignored it. With my new relationship, which we have been together for over a year now, I have not had any negative intuitive thoughts whatsoever. This is a relationship that will last..of that I am positive. After I notified the other guy that I had met someone else he asked the woman he was with to marry him within a month and they were married within 3 months time. Now he regrets his hasty decision and says that he could've had me as his wife now instead of the useless creature he is with now. Oh well...too late now for him to think about what could've been. He made his bed now he must lay in it and suffer the consequences for his actions.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #11
    BrandyBobs Lady
    (female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User

Forgot to mention that he and I are still friends. We still text and email each other and let each other know what is happening in our lives. He regrets his hasty decision but I don't because I am far happier now than I have ever been.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #12
    ncyky
    (female)

ncyky HB User

Brandy,

Your post is really interesting and that is why I mentioned in my first post that some men will complain constantly about their current girlfriend, but never leave them. You are a perfect example!

Last edited by ncyky; 07-18-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #13
    BrandyBobs Lady
    (female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User

Yep it sure is. Much the same as a married man claiming he is soooo unhappy and ready to leave his wife but they never do. If a guy has a girl or lives with her treat them just the same as if they were married and walk away from them.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #14
    ali_juarez09
    (female)

ali_juarez09 HB User
    Lightbulb Re: I Need To Talk! I Cant Stop Thinking About Him!

I still want to be his friend again because there's KIND OF an awkwardness when I see him..but not really..we just don't talk...i would like for us to start talking AS FRIENDS again..and i'm not really sure how to do it ..should i text msg him and ask him if we could talk? and. then I can ask him if hes ever been mad at me at any given time and ask if we could be FRIENDS like we used to be before we started going out???

what do you all think?? hes really a nice funny good guy..

Last edited by ali_juarez09; 07-18-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #15
    ncyky
    (female)

ncyky HB User

Well if you want to be friends with him...it should be something his girl approves of...that way all parties are aware that your friendship is completely blantonic. There would be no need to text him or to communicate with him without his girl's consent. If she doesn't approve...you need to just move on.

May I ask..why are you so interested in being his friend? He apparently isn't running after you. I guess I just don't understand why you feel the need to be his friend! And how would you like it if a girl was trying to be friends with your boyfriend (if you had one)?

Closed Thread