It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Excessive sweating

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
    lagar565
    (male)

lagar565 HB User
    Excessive sweating

Here's the problem- I am 17 years old and lately I have been sweating excessively. I'm sweating right through my clothes. Within 5 minutes of putting on a shirt it is soaked with sweat. This has only just recently began, about 3 weeks ago. I've never had a problem with sweating through my clothes but now it is a serious problem. I've tried everything to make it stop. I've switched deodorants, soaps, etc. What can be the cause of this? Can it be dietary? I really have no idea. Please help, it's getting embarrassing to go out in public.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
    morrisun
    Veteran
    (female)

morrisun HB User
    Re: Excessive sweating

Have you noticed any other symptoms or is it just the sweating?

It could be hyperhydrosis. You should go to the Dr, if it is hyperhydrosis there are things that can help, and if it's not hyperhydrosis, but caused by something else (thyroid for example) you can get it taken care of.

Good luck!
    PCOS

Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
    lagar565
    (male)

lagar565 HB User

I haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary. I did do some reading about hyperhydrosis and I think I will get in touch with my doctor very soon.

The thing that's so strange is this problem seemed to spring out of nowhere. It didn't develop gradually, it just happened one day and has continued to happen everyday since.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
    Bethersbabyy
    (female)

Bethersbabyy HB User

ohhh my. i totally feel your pain!! I had an anxiety problem so I had excessive sweating. They have deoterant out there for you! so dont fret. Even online you can get it are u nervous about anythin?

Old 10-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
    mathfreak314
    (female)

mathfreak314 HB User

Oh yes, I have this. I have palmer- and plantar-hyperhidrosis. All of my life I've had to deal with it (my brother too...but nobody else in our family). I play the piano (with sweaty hands it is nearly impossible, but I somehow manage). It's really weird because people are always saying it's disgusting and "Why are you LIKE THAT? Stop it!" but it doesn't bother me. I realize that it must be hard if you get self-conscious about it, but I almost think it's a novelty. The only thing I HATE is that wearing high heels is pretty much impossible because my feet slide in them. Thankfully, (...hopefully...) this is not an issue you have to deal with. Socially, I guess it would be hard, but I've not yet had a boyfriend from my other bodily misfortunes (aka. acne) so I will have to sympathize with you on that.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
    kelliott31
    (female)

kelliott31 HB User

I don't know what could be causing this but I have a way to deal with it. You can wear an under armour shirt (as in the stuff people wear under hockey gear) under your clothes so you don't sweat through your clothes...That's what I do....If this won't work for you, keep a couple of shirts in your bag during the day and change when you feel a bit sticky. Hope it helps..

Closed Thread