It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Twitching

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
    twitch17
    (female)

twitch17 HB User
    Twitching

Hi i just turned 17 years old and for a few years now i have had these odd twitching. They seem to happen at random times and sometimes while i am urinating. I dont have trets or anything. So i really dont know whats going on and its concerning me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
    cleansweap
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
    Re: Twitching

What sort of twitching, facial, hands and face? Over all body twitching? It could be a case of bad nerves. I have had this sence I was a small boy. Nothing noticeable until I was a grown man. It only happens when I'm tense about something. If I'm in a stressful situation, I get a nervous twitch. My head will shake some what. If I relax, everything is fine. I mentioned this to my doctor, and he said it very well could be just a case of bad nerves. Anyway, I'm always stressed it seem about something, so periodicly my head will twitch some, and I have to tell myself to relax. Doesn't bother me much during the day. At night when I lie down, I have to really relax to keep my head from twitching slightly. I would be concerned if it wasn't something I noticed many years ago when I was maybe 10 years of age. It's not enough to notice, unless someone is staring at me. It appears that I'm nervous to those looking on. If it gets any worse, I would definately suggest talking to your parents or doctor about it. Have any one noticed your twitch besides yourself?

Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
    hessie28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
    Re: Twitching

You should ask your parents to take you to a Neurologist. My son developed a twitch when he was nine. His 13 now. They tested him for everything and could not find a reason. Then they did a blood test and found he had 10 times the normal strep antibodies. They say the strep attacked his spinal fluid and caused the tic. Some doctors call it PANDAS. He does not have ADD. There are no tics in the family. Nothing. They gave him meds called Flufe****ne which helps the tic. He takes 4 1/2 mg per day. They come and go when he is excited or nervous. He only takes the meds because of social reasons. We do not say anything if he twitches at home. It is so the outside does not make fun of him etc. He is on Penicillin for 5 years or longer so he never gets strep again. They think he must have had it and was never diagnosed. So see if they can take you to a dr. and have checked out. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread