It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• if a guy calls u fat....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #1
    ashley4400
    (female)

ashley4400 HB User
    if a guy calls u fat....

i'll try to make this short. one of my guy friends, hes just a friend....called me fat. he said he was kidding but i'm starting to think that there was some truth to that joke. its either that or i'm so ''not fat''.....that he can joke around with the subject freely without anyone taking it the wrong way. but i don't know which it is. i'm 5' 7" and 140 pounds. i don't think i'm fat...but i just want to know what he meant!!!! please please help!!! thnx.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 AM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: if a guy calls u fat....

Ash, I'll tell you what I'd do in your situation. You're still a teenager so it's an acceptable form of retribution. Maybe not so much when you get older. But if any guy, even (especially) a guy who was my friend called me fat, I'd start talking about how he has a small penis. And I'd mercilessly tease him about how small it is and about how it must suck to be so tiny, and so on and so forth. Because it's the one part of a guy's body that he's most afraid is not good enough.

Women are constantly harassed about their weight. All the time. And that's an all over thing. It's totally not fair and it sucks. It's also very hurtful. So if this guy wants to give you a hard time about your weight (which by the way, for your height you are fine, don't let anyone tell you different), then you give him a hard time about his lack of packing equipment. That's what I'd totally do if I were you. And in the future if anyone does it, I'd do it to them, too. You can't do that with women who call you fat, but definitely with a guy, that's the best way to get back at him.

Maybe not the most mature thing in the world to do, obviously. But if someone says something hurtful like that, it's nice to have something you can throw back at them that might be equally as hurtful.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
    ashley4400
    (female)

ashley4400 HB User

well, thanks for that advice but i'm not sure if he even meant what he said. that's what i'm trying to figure out. i mean, if he didn't mean it i wouldn't want to be mean to him. though it is nice to have something to say back that's just as hurtful. i'll remember that for next time. but does anyone have an idea as to why he said that??

Old 11-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It's hard to know why he said it, not having ever met the guy. Maybe he just felt like being a jerk? Who knows? You know him better than anyone else here, so you would have a better idea of what he's thinking.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

maybe he meant "phat", which has a way different meaning than fat?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

At 5'7" 140lbs...no you aren't fat so he must of been joking...or just being a butt. Either way I wouldn't even give that one a second thought because you certainly are not fat! Joking about body parts isn't nice either so I wouldn't want you to go in that direction. Of course if he keeps it up I would have to ask him why he was trying to hurt your feelings...and an opportunity for you to tell a friend that he isn't funny. Stay safe and walk proud.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
    kind1
    (female)

kind1 HB User

That was really rude and inconsiderate of him to say such a thing. Guys (or vice versa but girls seem to be especially sensitive) are not supposed to joke or comment on a girl's weight no matter what. Perhaps the only acceptable thing for him to say or ask would be 'do you want to go for a walk with me?' or 'do you want to work out with me?', however, nothing that sounds like a personal insult. As long as you're happy with your weight and your family doctor is as well, you should not give much credence to the comment made by your 'friend' ;) I would keep a watch for if he seems to say comments like that, in the future and reevaluate if he is someone healthy to hang around with if it were to recur.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:16 PM   #8
    ctrl-alt-del
    (male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User

Oh c'mon now... what about this question you ladies always put us in an awkward situation with: 'Does this dress make me look fat??'

(Although by now I've figured out an answer to that one - and this is what it's going to be from now on: 'It's not the dress that makes you look fat - it's your fat butt that makes you look fat. ')

So what I'm trying to say is that you should just think of it as an awkward statement of his... and maybe come up with something witty and equally awkward to say back to him.

Last edited by ctrl-alt-del; 11-19-2007 at 11:34 PM.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #9
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

No you are not fat at all. For your height, that is a healthy weight and sounds good. I know guys who just aren't good with their words and don't mean any harm and just try to joke around. Maybe he didn't realize that it could come off as offensive? I think a lot of guys just try to be silly and joke around with their friends, NOT being serious but don't realize that a girl may take it seriously. I wouldn't worry about it... just try to let it go because I'm sure he was not serious. However, if it continues to joke about it, joke back to him... or tell him you would rather him not say that because it makes you uncomfortable. He should understand!

Closed Thread