It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Girl trying to steal boyfriend!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
    TwiinkleBabe
    (female)

TwiinkleBabe HB User
    Girl trying to steal boyfriend!!

Please help me! I have been going out with my boyfriend for just over a year now and recently this girl in his year has started to flirt with him ALOT. She knows that he's in a long term relationship...i know that she fancies him beacuse everytime me and him are hugging and kissing she gives me dirty looks. Also, at breaktimes and lunchtimes, he has started to hang around with her more than me. Apparantly they have been flirting in lessons too, and they are going on a school trip together for a whole week! What am i going to do? Is it because she is funner or prettier than me? I just don't know what i've done wrong and i wanna know if he really does fancy her. Things were going strong until about 2 weeks ago when i found out about her!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
    saintfhcheer
    (female)

saintfhcheer HB User
    Re: Girl trying to steal boyfriend!!

The first thing you can do is to talk to him about it, and if he still seems serious about staying with you and that they're just friends then maybe you should ask to hang out with them. If she is in fact trying to steal him from you she may be less likely to if she can see that you are a real person and not just an object blocking her way from getting to your boyfriend. Also, trust is very important in a relationship and if you feel that you cant trust him to be around other women without cheating on you then hes probably not worth the effort. You dont want to stay hopelessly devoted to a guy that really doesn't have an interest in staying true to you. Anyway, I hope that everything works out and they're just friends!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I hate it when girls do things like this! It's soo disrespectful. I agree that talking to him is a good idea. You may find out that he does not find her attractive at all and may even find the flirting annoying and he's just trying to be nice. It's worth talking to your boyfriend about it.

Try not to act jealous... some girls LIKE to make the girlfriend jealous and you don't want to give her what she wants. Just act confident and secure and be nice to her... and be sure to talk to your boyfriend but not get after him about it. I know one couple where the girl is very controlling about the guy being around any other females and it is a big turnoff to him. Just try to spend some time with your guy, tell him that you are concerned that this girl flirts with him so much, and most likely he will give you some reassurance!

Good luck to you!

Old 03-12-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
    rbeasley
    Inactive
    (male)

rbeasley HB User

Don't mean to put a downer on the situation, but back when I was in school, I'd been in a long term relationship for a long while and then I started noticing mild flirting going on between my girlfriend and this guy rather frequently.
    In my premature, teenage way, I confronted her about it in the wrong way and basically accused her of cheating on me with him, which then made things bad between us.

But in the end (about two weeks later, in fact), one of her best friends told me that she'd been cheating on me for about a month. Guess who it was with?

Again, don't mean to put a downer on or anything, but you're both young. Young people are EXTREMELY fickle. And this sort of thing is going to happen. But it gives you experience and if it turns out that actually, he is cheating on you, then you'll get over it before you know it.

I do hope that is not the case though and that your boyfriend and this girl are just friends. Express your concern and see how things go. If he respects your feelings, then he'll spend less time with her. I wouldn't ask him to not spend time with her at all though, because she is his friend nontheless, and that then becomes a completely different problem.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
    tomske
    (male)

tomske HB User

I think you should definately confront him about it, but don't go crazy. Sit down and talk to him properly, don't go shouting accusations about cheating..

I'm a guy, and I know it's in our nature to flirt with girls.. I've done it myself without even realising.. It's just apart of us I guess, we just have to learn to control it

As another person said, trust is a big thing in a relationship.. If you feel like you can't trust him, then there's a problem..

Let us know how it goes please.

Tom

Closed Thread