It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Black 'shadows' under my eyes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
    different91
    Inactive
    (male)

different91 HB User
    Exclamation Black 'shadows' under my eyes

Hi there.

I am on my PC more or less every day, for at least 3 hours. I always have the light on so it doesn't affect my eyes as much, but I still have these black marks under my eyes.

I'm very self conscious, and am worried about what people say. Sometimes my friends even ask if I've been punched, them thinking I could've received a black eye.

I also know that these happen with a lack of sleep, and I must admit when I get the chance (mostly weekends, but school holidays also), the addiction of my Computer keeps me up until about 1am onwards, and therefore I only get about 5-8 hours sleep.

I was just wondering if there was anything that I could try to get rid of this. I probably won't be able to cut down on my PC, as it's my only bit of entertainment in the house (I don't watch much TV, plus if I try, my parents are always watching it) but I know that I can get more sleep. I've been doing that lately.

I'd really, really like some help on this. Thanks very much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
    different91
    Inactive
    (male)

different91 HB User
    Re: Black 'shadows' under my eyes

Anybody please?

Old 03-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
    SallyD
    (female)

SallyD HB User

....well, I too have racoon eyes..I am very fair complected.

some say they are caused by allergies.

some say it's dehydration.

some say it's lack of sleep.

so, try to sleep more, drink more water, and take some allergy medicine if you have allergies.

also, mine are always worse in the late winter. So you may notice a big difference when you get some sunshine on your face.

and being tired definately makes it worse.

Good luck, and take care..sally

Old 03-30-2008, 04:55 AM   #4
    different91
    Inactive
    (male)

different91 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SallyD View Post
    ....well, I too have racoon eyes..I am very fair complected.

some say they are caused by allergies.

some say it's dehydration.

some say it's lack of sleep.

so, try to sleep more, drink more water, and take some allergy medicine if you have allergies.

also, mine are always worse in the late winter. So you may notice a big difference when you get some sunshine on your face.

and being tired definately makes it worse.

Good luck, and take care..sally
    Thank you very much for your help. No, I don't have any allergies, and I'm never really dehydrated, although I could drink some more water, as I drink lots of milk, and some juice also. I've never really noticed if they're worse in the winter than the summer, but I'll check when (eventually!) the weather actually turns summer-like

I'd love to have some more advice from other people. It's all greatly appreciated

Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
    l0r
    (female)

l0r HB User

I know it's an old remedy, but seriously, cucumber slices on your eyes in the morning reduces circles and any puffiness you have under your eyes!
    I do beauty therapy at college so I know it does work! It won't completely rid you of them, but it may reduce the deep circles! It's worth a try anyways
    If I remember anything else, I shall be back to let you know!

Old 04-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
    different91
    Inactive
    (male)

different91 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by l0r View Post
    I know it's an old remedy, but seriously, cucumber slices on your eyes in the morning reduces circles and any puffiness you have under your eyes!
    I do beauty therapy at college so I know it does work! It won't completely rid you of them, but it may reduce the deep circles! It's worth a try anyways
    If I remember anything else, I shall be back to let you know!
    Thanks for your help.

Are there anymore methods? Please help.

Thank you,
    Adam.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
    Liza1213

I have the same problem sometimes, i'm 13.

apparently children are supposed to sleep for at least 8 hours

teens 10 hours

and adults 5

Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #8
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

If you are giving up on enough sleep to stay on the computer which then gives you dark under you eyes then you know what the answer is...get more sleep. If you normally have dark under your eyes then that is a condition some people have and that is just all part of genetics...anyone in the family with this condition? That is just how things are for you but it all can be covered with a good makeup. So it may be just the way you are going to be or not enough sleep or both. No matter how it is caused the only option is to cover it with a good makeup. Do an online search of makeup used to cover things like that. There are specialty types for medical conditions such as surgical scars or other things like that.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
    Ding
    Veteran
    (female)

Ding HB User

Do you eat healthily? skin can look really dull, tired and unhealthy if you aren't putting the right sorts of foods into your body

Old 04-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
    different91
    Inactive
    (male)

different91 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnnD View Post
    If you are giving up on enough sleep to stay on the computer which then gives you dark under you eyes then you know what the answer is...get more sleep. If you normally have dark under your eyes then that is a condition some people have and that is just all part of genetics...anyone in the family with this condition? That is just how things are for you but it all can be covered with a good makeup. So it may be just the way you are going to be or not enough sleep or both. No matter how it is caused the only option is to cover it with a good makeup. Do an online search of makeup used to cover things like that. There are specialty types for medical conditions such as surgical scars or other things like that.
    Yes, I find that my mother and sister both have it too. I'm male by the way, so I might not want the make-up

Old 05-03-2008, 02:34 AM   #11
    EnglandBoy
    (male)

EnglandBoy HB User

I'm on my computer 24/7 normally, and my eyes are only really black underneath when i'm tired. But when i'm not tired and I play on my computer i'm fine.

Closed Thread