It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• earrings on guys....definately NOT gay

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
    nXtRoKsTaR
    (male)

nXtRoKsTaR HB User
    earrings on guys....definately NOT gay

ok. I have a piercing on my right ear. lots of guys do. why does everyone say this is gay. it your body, it shouldnt mean anything. kinda stupid how culture meks everything, gay or not gay. and by the way...i am NOT gay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
    KeltoKel
    Inactive
    (female)

KeltoKel HB User
    Re: earrings on guys....definately NOT gay

Well, maybe this depends on where you live or where you are from. If you look at MTV and all the rappers, they have earrings in both ears. I know plenty of guys who have both of their ears pierced. Is it other teens calling you gay or older people? I think kids are pretty accepting of the ear piercing and it seems the older people say it is gay.

By the way, if you are wondering why people associate "gay" with ear piercing, it is because gay men started this fad - probably back in the 70's. Men in the USA didn't really wear earrings before this point, but gay men made it a fashion statement. Later on, it became accepted by all men - straight or gay. Now, it seems like everyone has their ears pierced - among other body parts!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
    nXtRoKsTaR
    (male)

nXtRoKsTaR HB User

ya I know where it comes from, its a mic of both, so, now im getting my left pierced to, cuz 2 days straight of "haha your "gay" is enuf. lol

Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
    tommy124
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

There's nothing wrong with being gay. Some of the gays I know are also some of the finest people I know.
    There is no way you can tell from looking at someone, if they are gay or not.
    There are people who look obviously gay. Some of them are, and some of them are not. Many rugged looking men who no one would ever suspect... truck drivers and construction workers, who are not the least bit effeminate, are as gay as is possible. An earring means absolutely nothing, either way.
    When gays are accepted as the normal part of society they are, it will free all of us. There are gay dogs, fish, etc.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Actually, if the person is dressing to make sure that you know he/she is gay (like in the gay pride parade) then yes, there is a way of telling 'by looking at someone' because certain looks are generally accepted as meaning you identify yourself with a certain group. Like cowboy gear or biker gear or punk etc etc.

However, something as simple as a pierced ear is not generally accepted by our western culture as belonging to one group anymore. Anyone who says it means gay or not gay is living in his own tiny world and is out of touch with the rest of us.

You might find that the "everyone" who you say are saying it's gay, are really just a handful of your less enlightened acquaintances. I'm sure people at this point just think it's a pierced ear.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
    nXtRoKsTaR
    (male)

nXtRoKsTaR HB User

ok, for me, I dress kinda punkish. so, it kinda fits what I'm wearing. definately doesnt look gay there, well, I dont think so. lol. well, now im gauging it, so, it wont look as bad, getting a spike looking earring in it. plus, its kinda my style, especially with the kind of music I write, sing, and play.

Last edited by nXtRoKsTaR; 05-08-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: add more info

Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It's typically people who are insecure about their own sexuality who pick on other people about it in an effort to take the focus off them. People who pick on other people are insecure anyway, so... just don't let them bother you. Just keep rolling your eyes at them and shaking your head like you can't believe how lame they are, and move along. Eventually, when they don't get a reaction from you, they'll leave you alone and find a target who reacts to them.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
    nXtRoKsTaR
    (male)

nXtRoKsTaR HB User

ya, they haven been getting reactions

Old 05-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #9
    nXtRoKsTaR
    (male)

nXtRoKsTaR HB User

well. ya. its all better now kinda, also pierced my left ear. so, not bein called gay anymore. still ppl r sayin it, but hey, they're dumb, they're in high school. l

Closed Thread