It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• How to stop your period for good

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
    Karsoccer
    (female)

Karsoccer HB User
    How to stop your period for good

I have a soccer game, and I don't want to have my period during my game or on my birthday which is the same day.

I don't know what to do.... PLEASE HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #2
    arthurthefirst
    (male)

arthurthefirst HB User
    Re: How to stop your period for good

im afraid that there is no way to stop a period for good unless you reach around 50-60. this is when you period stops for good. but either than that, you can only wear tampons, become pregnant (which i don't think you will want) or change sex. im sorry. btw, good luck on you socer game and happy birthday

Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
    saintfhcheer
    (female)

saintfhcheer HB User

Sometimes you can use a birth control pill to skip a period, but you would have had to have been on the pill previously and it sounds like your birthday and the game are in the near future. But for future reference if you take the bcp straight without taking any placebo pills you can sometimes avoid having a period. Warning though, sometimes for some people or with some brands of pills this will not work. I know people who it works every time they try but I've tried it myself it it only postponed my period for about two days.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
    writeleft
    Inactive
    (female)

writeleft HB User

First of all, your period is a part of life - that means all is well. You will find that it will tend to start at very memorable times throughout your life, and you just have to be prepared.

I am 48 years old, and my period seems to start everytime my husband and I go camping/riding motorcycles. EVERYTIME! It has become almost funny by now.

Put yourself together a little "kit" to keep in your backpack so you are always prepared. Include some tampons, some pads, some baby wipes, and an extra pair of undies. Also keep a few small bags (not see-through) for disposal purposes if you are at the soccor field, or anywhere.

At your age, your period is often un-predictable..so just be ready. Can you speak with your mom about this? Hopefully she, or your dad can help you get the things together you need into a nice little discreet zipper bag. It will serve you well all your life.

Have a great time on your birthday, and your game-but be ready if your monthly "friend" shows up too! Keep smiling...

Old 03-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
    casatonia 1
    (female)

casatonia 1 HB User
    Smile Re: How to stop your period for good

The Depo injection will stop your periods, im currently on it but there is a limit to how long you can take it, see your doctor/nurse to see if you can

Closed Thread