It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• why doesn't my girlfriend tell her parents we are dating yet?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
    Andres813
    (male)

Andres813 HB User
    why doesn't my girlfriend tell her parents we are dating yet?

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 1 year and 1 month. she says her parents are okay with her having a boyfriend and once she was caught kissing an ex at her house and they got mad and got in trouble. We are both 17 and and we have our ups and downs. we have taken 3 brakes in our relationships but for the past 6 months we have never been better. we have havent had sex but we both love each other and are really in it for the long haul despite our 3 breaks. but she doesnt want to tell her parents. they have seen us hold hands and kiss but through pictures but when they ask her she denies it and they believe her o_O weird huh? but i want her to introduce me to her parents as her boyfriend now because she has already introduced me as a friend.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
    toughgal012
    (female)

toughgal012 HB Usertoughgal012 HB Usertoughgal012 HB User
    Re: why doesn't my girlfriend tell her parents we are dating yet?

Hi Andres813, How do you know her parents don't already think she is in a relationship even if she refusing to them? It seems she feels it is none of her parent's who her boyfriend is right now. She is in the tricky teenage years where she is still learning about herself. You probably should tell her you would appreciate it if she will open up to her parents about the relationship between you two. Sooner or later her parents are going to know she is has a boyfriend and want to get to know you. I think she just needs some privacy and things will get better soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to toughgal012 For This Useful Post:
    Andres813 (10-03-2012)
    Closed Thread