It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• how do i deal with a difficult and controlling best friend?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
    mkliogs
    (female)

mkliogs HB User
    how do i deal with a difficult and controlling best friend?

Hi

I have been trying to deal with a difficult and controlling best friend recently and anything that I have tried to date has not worked or made the situation any better. My BFF( who I am currently not speaking to because I am afraid that anything that I say will make her more mad.) So, before I start telling u how I feel about this, I will tell u how it all went down before we ended up in a huge, ginormous fight. It all started when we were planning to go see a movie. We were so excited because we really wanted to go see it the day it came out. Then, I got in trouble and because my mom was taking us, she said we couldn't go see the movie that day. I knew that she was looking forward to the movie so I tried to persuade my mom to ground me instead of take away the movie which didn't exactly work. So, the next morning(the day of the movie) I called her and told her the news. After I got done telling her what had happened, she started to go off on me( as in yelling at me and cussing me out) and then she hung up. Then, I texted her and told her that we could go tomorrow or sometime next week. Then, she tried to persuade my mom to let us go to the movie which worked about as well as when I tried to persuade her to let us go. So then I texted her that I was very sorry for what had happened but I didn't want to fight or let it ruin our friendship. Then, she went all melodramatic on me. She said," I am crying right now and I can't even eat."But when I called her 2 minutes later, she was eating a sandwich. Then, when I tried to reason with her via text, the only thing she said was,"I don't give a care about what u do or don't want to do just leave me alone. Then, I said " Well ttyl then." We haven't talked at all since then and its really taking its toll on me.

This is how I feel about this whole situation. I think that she is using me to have fun and when things don't exactly go her way, she gets mad at me.
    If u know how to deal with this, please, please tell me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
    Re: how do i deal with a difficult and controlling best friend?

Sorry, but why do you call her your best friend?

Old 06-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

She is having a sulk. Let her get on with it. You are both adolescents, right? It is not always a reasonable age. Go with the flow and realise that immaturity can exaggerate things and make everything a drama. Sera

Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    She is having a sulk. Let her get on with it. You are both adolescents, right? It is not always a reasonable age. Go with the flow and realise that immaturity can exaggerate things and make everything a drama. Sera
    Sera may be right: it may as well be an age thing, and she still has the possibility of growing up! So you'll need to be patient if you want to keep her as a friend. But it may be also a question of temperament or manners. I had friends when I was an adolescent and not all of them would behave that way. Anyway, take your time. I hope she will apologize and you will be ok again.

Last edited by pendulum; 06-23-2013 at 07:57 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to pendulum For This Useful Post:
    mkliogs (06-23-2013)
    Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
    mkliogs
    (female)

mkliogs HB User

pendulum, I think u are very helpful but she has been doing this ever since we met in the 3rd grade. We are now going into 8th grade. I really am confused. I never know what she is going to say or do. That is why I am afraid to stand up to her. She is a little unpredictable and when she gets mad, she unleashes her feelings on me. I don't really like conflict between friends and it seems like every time we are happy as can be, she finds some way to stir me up and make me upset. how do I deal with this type of behavior

Old 06-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
    mmisty
    (female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

I recommend you deal with this by making new friends. You allow her to control you. If you are not happy, move on!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
    booboo31
    (female)

booboo31 HB Userbooboo31 HB Userbooboo31 HB User

I had a friend like this aswell. she did my head in. I moved away in 05 and according to her I was selfish and didn't think about her. I said excuse me I'd met my fiancé and wanted to move.

She hated the fact that I didn't invite her to our wedding. Even now she tells lies to get me to email her. I've had to change my number and she didn't like it. She lives round the corner from my parents

Thing is on the 12th sept I start my new job which is in the local co-op round the corner. I just no she's goin to come in and kick off but I'm not worried about it because ill have other members of staff working with me.

I'm 32 and she's 30 and she acts like a 3 year old. She got jealous when I was with other friends and hurled abuse at them. I'm not bein friends with someone like that but she don't understand that.

So your not on your own.

Closed Thread