It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• I'm 15 and 5'5" will I grow?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #1
    MrMicroChip
    (female)

MrMicroChip HB User
    Question I'm 15 and 5'5" will I grow?

Currently, I'm worried about my height because I don't want to remain this short, I'm doing daily exercise, I try to get some sun, I eat healthy and do whatever kids my age do but now I'm just 5'5"
    In height and my mom's a pundits 4'10" and my dad's about 5'4" (I know my family is very short) but I just wanna know if I can still grow to a 5'7" or would it be possible for me? I just don't feel comfortable with my height anymore that people tower me in public.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
    MrMicroChip
    (female)

MrMicroChip HB User
    Re: I'm 15 and 5'5" will I grow?

P.s I'm actually a male, I wasn't in my mind when registering and I mixed up the male and female gender selection

Old 09-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
    rudiraven
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

It does make a difference that you're a guy. Males generally grow for a longer time than females. I've heard that a guy can grow until around 25. Girls usually stop in their mid teens. (I stopped at 12). That said, it's doubtful that you'll get really tall since your parents aren't very tall. There are exceptions, however, so don't give up hope :-) Did you know that most male movie stars are not tall? Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, just to name a couple are not tall. Do some research and you'll see that you don't have to be 6 feet or more to feel good about yourself. Take care :-)

Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You might just have short genes since you said both of your parents are short. However don't lose hope yet. What I can tell you for sure is that between the time I left high school and then went to my 10 year high school reunion, many of the boys looked like they got taller. I mean they appeared to me to be taller than I rembered them from when we graduated. So, figure between the ages if 18-28, many of them still had a growth spurt and got taller than they were at 18. It was really surprising to me. I actually commented about it to many of them, I said, Hey, when did you get so tall? And they didn't notice it but for me not having seen them in 10 years, the difference was noticeable.

And even still, I know people are sometimes hung up on height but believe me there are plenty of women out there who are short and don't want a tall guy. I'm about 5'3 or 5'4 and I personally like guys who are only a little taller than me, I don't really like guys who are too close to 6 feet or over. That's my personal opinion.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:13 AM   #5
    Penguinboy55
    (male)

Penguinboy55 HB User

Yes you will grow, give it some more time. I grew until I was 19.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:27 AM   #6
    52ken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

Chances are you will not grow anymore but so what!!! Everyone has short comings no pun intended.Some are too tall, too fat, bad skin, near sighted, health problems and etc. Be happy with who you are. I was 5'6 when I was 13 and my dad said I would get one more growth spurt and I did, less than an inch. My dad was 5'7 and mom was 5'2 and my sister was less than 5'. I'm sure she would have liked to be 5'5". It has to do a lot with your family genes but it is a lot easier to accept all your good traits. I'm married to a women who is 5'6" and she has never complained about my height. I have always been good at sports and been happy with myself. Would I have liked to have been a little taller? Yes but would I give up my other attributes to have it? NO

Old 03-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #7
    kanded
    (female)

kanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB User

I'm tall and my husband is short, but who cares? In the long run, people don't fall in love with your height, they fall in love with who you are. Girls might like a guy that's tall and handsome, but they will fall head over heels with a guy that is sexy, adventurous, courageous, kind or another quality that reaches their heart, depending on the girl. So keep working on your character, and that will help you more in life than what you look like.

Closed Thread