It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

I like a girl who's boyfriend asked her first but is a friend of mine

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
an onymous
(male)

an onymous HB User
Unhappy I like a girl who's boyfriend asked her first but is a friend of mine

First of all, me, the girl I like are 15 neither of us had had a bf/gf before so of course I was shy.
I like this girl at my school, I've liked her for so long and was just about to ask her out when I was talking to my friend (he's a cool guy who I've never really been too angry at) and he tells me he likes her and I might just be a bit paranoid here but before they were going out I did see them sitting close thought that might just be me. Anyway I don't really think that if she had to choose between me or him that she'd choose me. I knew she liked me for a time, maybe I didn't realize it quickly enough and she lost interest. I feel really angry at myself for not realizing it sooner, I also feel really angry at him and her and it's really being channeled at my friends. They haven't even gone on a date yet and it's been like a month, WHAT IS HE DOING!!!! the first and only time they kissed was at school and I was right there like across the hall.
If anyone could help me deal with this that would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
SoundsFamiliar
Inactive
(male)

SoundsFamiliar HB UserSoundsFamiliar HB UserSoundsFamiliar HB UserSoundsFamiliar HB UserSoundsFamiliar HB UserSoundsFamiliar HB UserSoundsFamiliar HB User
Cool Re: I like a girl who's boyfriend asked her first but is a friend of mine

I think one potential partner at a time is a safe and sane course to navigate. For you, and for her. Respect that, and you earn her respect.

Iniitial interest when nourished may blossom into something more, or it may fade away. It's only fair to give an acquaintanceship a chance.

He who is first to arrive on the scene or as the person dating her, is not necessarily the one who will be chosen by her for anything meaningful. But I'm confident he will likely be used as a basis for comparison with others who follow.

sf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoundsFamiliar For This Useful Post:
an onymous (09-16-2013),pendulum (09-15-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
lenvegas
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: I like a girl who's boyfriend asked her first but is a friend of mine

Hi, you waited too long and now someone else is seeing her. If you like a girl then talk to her and ask her out, you really can not like a girl day after day and not do anything about it and get upset when someone else scoops her up. Yeh, I know it is not an easy thing to do but you know what?......The more you ask girls out the easier it gets, you must learn this when you are young and if they say no then it's on to the next one. I met my first high school girlfriend in the library, asked her out right then and there and we were together for two years so good things will happen to you if you make them happen........

The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
an onymous (09-16-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Kszan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I know you said you're shy but it's important to learn how to talk to people. No one expects you to have it all figured out at 15. Give yourself a break, I mean you're probably a sophomore right? Just talk to people and be friendly, smile a lot and if you like a girl then compliment her and smile. Most people no matter what age are insecure about something. At your age especially, so you're all pretty much in the same boat. Don't be afraid to talk to girls. Just talking to them first will give you a little confidence to see that they're just people. 15 year old girls are usually very insecure so if you compliment them about something regarding their appearance they would likely appreciate it very much. Be friendly and smile. You'll see that talking to girls isn't as hard as you think it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
an onymous (09-16-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
an onymous
(male)

an onymous HB User

Thanks guys, I didn't really know how I should deal with it, if I should just tell her how I feel, wait for them to break up, but that would make me feel like a bit of a dick. So I'll just sit and wait, hopefully move on.

Closed Thread

Tags
angry, boyfriend, girlfriend, shy