It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

Long Distance

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
guitarloverx
(female)

guitarloverx HB User
Post Long Distance

Well I just want to ask . I dont see my boyfriend for 2 months then we meet up but now due to changes it may change to not seeing him for 3 months. Like after 2 months of not seeing each other we meet up for a maximum of a week
Do you people class this a long distance ? This LDR is less miles than the average LDR but to me it is long because I dont see him everyday or every weekend like some relationships . Like we need like trains to get to each other , like its not like some who have to use planes so what do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Kszan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Long Distance

Well I mean, how far away is he? You said you have to take a train to see him so how far is he? Not seeing each other for 2-3 months is a long time if you're only like an hour away or something. I had a bf who was about an hour away and I saw him every weekend. Sometimes on a weekday if we didn't have to work late.

It sounds like he doesn't want to see you. You should ask him flat out. Say, Hey! How come we're only seeing each other once a quarter? That's not much of a relationship! And say, Do you want a relationship or what exactly because that's not a relationship right now. That's like, just buddies getting together once in a blue moon to hang out.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
lenvegas
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, if you are both content with your current relationship, well that is fine, you should not compare it with other peoples' relationships. However, if either of you feel a discontent then you should talk it out to correct it. Love does not operate within the constrictions of time and space........

Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
guitarloverx
(female)

guitarloverx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
Well I mean, how far away is he? You said you have to take a train to see him so how far is he? Not seeing each other for 2-3 months is a long time if you're only like an hour away or something. I had a bf who was about an hour away and I saw him every weekend. Sometimes on a weekday if we didn't have to work late.

It sounds like he doesn't want to see you. You should ask him flat out. Say, Hey! How come we're only seeing each other once a quarter? That's not much of a relationship! And say, Do you want a relationship or what exactly because that's not a relationship right now. That's like, just buddies getting together once in a blue moon to hang out.
he is 171 miles away so do u count that ? He does want to see me, we haven't got much money so we cant

Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
solofelix
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

I guess a lot depends on how strong the relationship is.
I mean there are couples separated by long distance relationships for many months such as those who's partners are in the Armed-Forces or the Royal-Navy.
My son was with his girlfriend for 5.5 yrs but when he moved to another country the relationship came to an end within six months.
I guess it takes a lot of commitment on both sides and if true feelings are apparent on both sides,

Solofelix.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Mom2many79
(female)

Mom2many79 HB User

171 miles may not seem far to some but when your only option is mass transit it really is. In my early 20's I lived in NJ and my fiance lived in FL (he went away to school). The relationship ended but we are still (about 10 yrs later) good friends. It wasn't lack of dedication or even that we didn't see each other much but over the year he was gone we just went in different directions with our lives. It would have most likely happened regardless of the distance.

I hope that the money situation improves and you can see each other more often. GL

Closed Thread

Tags
long distance, long distance relationships