It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Game Addiction

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
    JacobJ
    (male)

JacobJ HB User
    Game Addiction

I wanted to post this because I'm sure it effects a lot of teens myself included, so..

I'm Andre, I'm 16 an I'm homeschool, takes 30ish minutes to do my school rest the day I play games I sleep at 3am and wake at 12pm, my build is boney I look like a stick figure, I eat once a day, depresstion from how bad I feel has taken over, I have Major anxiety and I go out side maybe once a month, I lack a reason to live, my bathroom habits are once a week my body doesn't get enuff to use the bathroom my body uses 100% of the food I eat.

I'm not happy with my life I've looked for help but can a teen really change something? I think maybe but where do I start? Any suggestions would help a lot..

Thank you - Andre

P.S I'm new so I'm sorry if this is in wrong place.

The following user gives a hug of support to JacobJ:
    movielover40 (01-03-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: Game Addiction

It's really hard for homeschool kids to meet friends and find extra curricular activities to take up their free time. I was not home schooled so I can't help you there, but I have to believe there are some message boards online for homeschool kids to connect and talk about their struggles with not having the same opportunities as kids who go to school together. Have you looked online for any websites that might help?

Also, just because you're not going to a regular school doesn't mean you can't get involved in park district or like YMCA activities. Have you ever looked into that?

Point being, you need to find activities outside the house where you can be around other kids and do normal kid stuff. Staying in your house all the time isn't healthy as you can see and it's time for you to find other stuff to do to occupy your time. There's so much out there, you just have to find something that you like, whether its sports or drawing/painting or pottery or whatever. Seek out that stuff and try it out, you'll have some new activities and make some new friends too.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
    backseatdriver
    (female)

backseatdriver HB Userbackseatdriver HB User

JacobJ my son is a gamer, not as intensely as you but your post breaks my heart. Is there anyone in your life (in person) you can talk to about your problem? You do need help and I think your post is a plea for help, it is hard for a young man to ask for help, you are brave to ask for it. I hope you will be brave enough to find the help you need. Please let us know how you are.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 AM   #4
    Penguinboy55
    (male)

Penguinboy55 HB User

I used to be homeschooled and had no friends in that time and was really bored, I became very lazy and played PC all say long . Then once I returned to school I started to get back into my old routine. I also did some therapy which helped me get motivated to do regular excersise again and meet with friends.

Closed Thread