It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Why am I so mean??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
    atinyinfinity
    (female)

atinyinfinity HB User
    Question Why am I so mean??

I'm a teenager and I've (as well as my family) have been noticing lately that I've become...well, sort of mean, but only with my immediate family. I won't say anything offensive or mean to them but I snap at them and my mom is always telling me, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." At first I brushed her off but now I realize that she is right. If my family teases me and it rubs me wrong or they do something to bother me I'll get irritable. I want to be nicer and kinder to them, and I'm trying. Any ideas on why I'm this way?

(FYI, I have epilepsy but I haven't had a seizure in like eight months and they usually don't make me mean.)

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
    Seraph
    Facilitator
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Why am I so mean??

Do you feel that it is worse around your period? Hormones can play havoc with your moods. Maybe you could have your hormone levels checked. It may be that you would benefit from a low-dose pill to straighten it out. Sera

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
    atinyinfinity (06-20-2014)
    Old 06-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
    atinyinfinity
    (female)

atinyinfinity HB User
    Re: Why am I so mean??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Do you feel that it is worse around your period? Hormones can play havoc with your moods. Maybe you could have your hormone levels checked. It may be that you would benefit from a low-dose pill to straighten it out. Sera
    I don't think it is, but I could be wrong. Thank you, I'll try to get it checked soon!
    Also, to add on to my first post, sometimes I'll snap back at my family and not even feel like I know what I'm saying. Like I'll say whatever it is and then a few minutes later I'll have forgotten all about what upset me and feel regretful about getting angry. IDK why.

The following user gives a hug of support to atinyinfinity:
    Moonstar22 (06-29-2014)
    Closed Thread