It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• worry about my height

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
    Kie99
    (male)

Kie99 HB User
    Smile worry about my height

Im a teen and worried about my height its an obsession really, my mum is 5,5 my dad 5,6 but my uncle (Mum's brother) is 6ft and my grandad (My Mums dad) around 6,1 im 5,8 which is taller than both my parents so I clearly have my mums side genes wise my cousin is around 5,11 hes 24. I really wanna be 6ft everyone says i will grow. But i really have a bad feeling i won't grow. I don't do as much excersize as I used to for ALOT of reasons, I had a growth spurt already so I doubt that'll happen again I really need advice from someone who knows
    And my dad doesn't know in his family so that kinda makes me more nervous

Last edited by Administrator; 01-15-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    re: worry about my height

Hi, most of the time guys stop growing around the age of 18 so you have 3 years more of growing to do. I was your height when I was 15 and ended up at 6 foot and 1 inch, so just relax and enjoy the ride up.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
    Kie99
    (male)

Kie99 HB User

How tall was your dad and his family same for your mum?

Old 12-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Dad is 5 ft 11 and Mom 5ft 6......

Old 12-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #5
    Kie99
    (male)

Kie99 HB User

yea see your dad is tall my dad is 5,6 and mom 5,5

Old 12-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
    maxpow99
    (male)

maxpow99 HB Usermaxpow99 HB User

Don't worry about it. I recently grew another half inch and gained 40 pounds over the course of the last 16 months. And I finally started growing facial hair. All this when I was 25 years old. I think it is entirely possible to hit another puberty at my age like I did.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Genetics play a huge role in your height potential, but so does nutrition and your general health so make sure you eat a very healthy diet, take vitamins, get exercise, etc etc.

You're already 5'8" – the chances of you being done growing are pretty slim. You might not make it to 6 feet but most guys don't, so you should try to let go of this goal and just be thrilled if you make it to 5'10", which puts you at the exact average of american men and taller than the average brit and 5-6 inches than most women, and is nothing to complain about

Last edited by Administrator; 01-16-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #8
    Kie99
    (male)

Kie99 HB User

I had my dads height wrong hes 5'7 and im now 5'9 and thats in a month, also one Dr said I could be 6ft up. And I do take vitamins im starting to excersize more get into shape again.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-15-2015 at 11:56 PM.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:03 PM   #9
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Wow, you've grown an inch in a month? This is definitely a growth spurt and they tend to last longer than a month. Keep up with the vitamins and exercising, and keep us posted on how it progresses, I'm curious!

Good luck.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:00 AM   #10
    georgez99
    (male)

georgez99 HB User
    Re: worry about my height

At the age of 14 I was smaller than 50% of girls in my classroom. At the age of 17 I was at least 10cm higher than the tallest girl in classroom. So, the most growing years are in the front of you I guess

Old 02-27-2015, 02:52 AM   #11
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: worry about my height

Just another thought. Men go through growth spurts approximately every 7 years. At 14 if you had one, you will grow more by the time you are 21. Thats a whole lot of years left to continue adding inches!! The last growth spurt will usually happen at the age of 21.
    I agree with everyone here that you are no where near "grown" to completion!
    My husband is only 5'9 and to me, hes TALL! I am only 5'5, which is average for most women. Even in heels, he still is taller than me. I dont do well with men who are 6 foot, because I have to look way up to them to kiss them!!
    Whatever height you wind up, youll find the perfect match for you, but at your current height of 5'9 you are well on your way to your goal of 6 foot!
    MSNIk

Closed Thread