It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• my insecurities about my looks are killing me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
    amugly123
    (male)

amugly123 HB User
    my insecurities about my looks are killing me

well i am 16,i will be 17 in febuary,college freshman.since junior high school i'd never cared about my looks but ever since i entered senior high school,i became very concerned about how i looked.in school most gilrs do tell me am good looking and my step mother once told me i was but idk i just cant accept it.my friends do tell me some girls like me but i still think its a prank.u was in a very popular rap band ack in high school,well i didnt rap though but they were my best buds but i always felt like girls hang around me because of my friends.one time i feel very confident about my looks,the next day am disgusted by how i look.ofcourse i hate how i look in pictures i dont pose for and in videos.several girls on ******** do say am cute and a couple of guys say am hot but others say am ugly.i dated a number of guys on ********.people say am handsome,but i just dont know.i dont have acne or pimples,i have a big nose and a more than averagely sized ear.God i hate myself

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2015, 08:16 AM   #2
    Bob652
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
    Sorry to hear you feel bad about yourself. I've never met a person who didn't have a feature they wanted to change about their body. Absolutely no one is perfect and if you could read the mind of the most attractive person you meet, you would see that they have some sort of insecurity about their body. No matter what you look like, I can promise that someone in this world will find you attractive and love you exactly the way you are.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
    maxpow99
    (male)

maxpow99 HB Usermaxpow99 HB User
    Re: my insecurities about my looks are killing me

I hated the way I looked for years. I think for me it was because everything seemed to grow out of proportion. Now I realize that attraction is mostly a mind game one plays with women and has much less to do with physical attributes than you think. Now I get loads of female attention, I am more confident, and I truly think I look great. It comes with age and experience.

Fake yourself into believing your hot, and watch everyone else start to believe it too. You would be amazed at the power of your mind. Women find confidence to be much more attractive than a perfect nose/chin/ear.

Closed Thread