It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Saw ENT today and had biopsy - feel a little better

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
    babypodoffour
    (female)

babypodoffour HB User
    Saw ENT today and had biopsy - feel a little better

I do feel a little better. I finally had my biopsy today. The ENT looked at the nodule and said it isn't anaplastic thyroid cancer. I felt a tremendous amount of relieve there. The nodule is about the same size as it was last week (remember - I went from feeling nothing on my neck on Friday and have a doctor who checked my thyroid on a Friday and felt nothing to a 3 cm solid nodule on an u/s 8 days later!) - she actually measured it as 2.8X2.9. She said it was vacularized around it with some inside it as well, but not a lot. It looks totally contained in it's capsule. She did three different needles worth out of it because they want to rule out lymphoma as well (but she said she didn't think it was that). She said it could be papillary cancer. I know it is crazy but since I was thinking it was anaplastic, papillary sounds so much better. I do also still know that it might be nothing as well. We have a appointment to have the results read in two weeks (12/21).

So, anyone here with experience with Papillary cancer? From what I have read a women my age has a very good chance of surviving that. I should at least be here a few more years (unlike what I was reading about anaplastic)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply