It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• ANA comprehensive panel results! Anybody with me here?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #1
    Nkaps
    (female)

Nkaps HB User
    ANA comprehensive panel results! Anybody with me here?

Hi everyone.. So I have been experiencing some symptoms that have been linked to autoimmune processes but they're not severe (thankfully) as of right now. My rheumatologist decided to do these tests and these are the results. ANA titre was a whopping 1:2560 speckled :O negative for HLA B27, C-reactive protein was 1.2 which is considered average but the last time it was checked it was 0.1, Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) was 32 the highest reference is 34, Thyroglobulin antibody is 47 the highest reference is 39, I had angiotensin converting enzyme tested which was 70 and the highest reference is 67 (still not sure what that is), sedimentation rate was 16 the highest reference is 20, double stranded DNA antibody was 30.4 which is considered "equivocal" but is higher than the 24.9 reference, sjogren's antibodies (a and b) were 0.2 (which is negative but I didn't have any before) and same with sclerdoma antibodies. Everything is very strange and not definite. I have pretty bad headaches and joint/chest pain. Anybody else in the same boat??? Will it be something later on?

Last edited by Nkaps; 02-07-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2016, 09:50 AM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: ANA comprehensive panel results! Help!

Your positive thyroglobulin antibodies and nearly positive TPOs indicate you may be dealing with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is the leading cause of thyroid failure in industrialized countries. If the damage done by the antibodies to your thyroid gland is bad enough, it will have caused your thyroid hormone levels (T4 and T3) to be low enough to cause symptoms. T4 and T3 do NOT need to be below range to cause symptoms; just being below lab median causes low thyroid symptoms for most people.

I suggest that's where you should focus at this point. Get tests for TSH, free T4 and free T3 (not "total" T4/3). They will give you the best idea about your thyroid status.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
    Nkaps
    (female)

Nkaps HB User
    Re: ANA comprehensive panel results! Help!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
    Your positive thyroglobulin antibodies and nearly positive TPOs indicate you may be dealing with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is the leading cause of thyroid failure in industrialized countries. If the damage done by the antibodies to your thyroid gland is bad enough, it will have caused your thyroid hormone levels (T4 and T3) to be low enough to cause symptoms. T4 and T3 do NOT need to be below range to cause symptoms; just being below lab median causes low thyroid symptoms for most people.

I suggest that's where you should focus at this point. Get tests for TSH, free T4 and free T3 (not "total" T4/3). They will give you the best idea about your thyroid status.
    Thank you for your reply! My next step was to see an endocrinologist so I'll definitely push for these tests, but is such a high ANA present in Hashimoto's? (My TSH was 2.26 when this test was done)

Reply Reply

Tags
    ana positive, autoimmune diseases, lupus (sle), lupus ana