It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Very high T3 and weight gain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-24-2016, 04:09 AM   #1
    Naisie
    (female)

Naisie HB User
    Very high T3 and weight gain

Hi everyone, I am new here and hoping for some help.

I have been on natural thyroid since May 2014 and increased dosage to 1 grain around June 2015. I had not been able to lose any weight without doing HCG which I have done 3 times and did get to my goal weight. I since gained a couple of kilos back which would seem to budge no matter what I did.... Straight back to normal! I changed Doctors as I was frustrated with the lack of results and he put me on 15mcg of T3 about 6-7 weeks ago now. I was taking 2 every second day and 1 on the other days. My T3 reading came back over 10 so I was told to drop to 1 per day.

I just came back on holiday and I gained 4kg in 2 weeks. I certainly wasn't perfect but it was my first holiday in a long time so wanted to let my hair down. As I started to see the weight coming on I increased my dose of T3 to try and combat the issue (yes I self medicated). Apparently this did nothing. I have now been back over a week and back on a good diet and exercise but nothing has shifted yet plus I just had bloods and my T3 is over 10 still. The Doc said I should be having rapid weight loss and struggle to gain with it this high. I have now changed meds which I start tomorrow. It's a low dose T3 and increased natural thyroid. I have been taking my natural thyroid throughout as well.

Has anyone else gained on T3 or can having too much actually lead to weight gain? I am scared honestly scared by this gain. I don't fit my clothes I feel revolting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply