It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• New - symptomatic, low T4... advice?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
    electrode
    (female)

electrode HB User
    New - symptomatic, low T4... advice?

Hi there everyone. I am a 21 y/o female with a previous autoimmune disease (autoimmune ovarian failure) when I was 14 or 15. So far, all of my routine labs since diagnosis have come back negative for any other signs of autoimmune problems, which I am fortunate for. However, the past month I have been feeling generally ill. Fatigue (just feeling "worn out"), some slight weight gain (slowly... about 3-4lbs over the past few months, but I don't feel I'm eating more), headaches, lightheadness/dizziness, some mild nausea, general malaise. My blood pressure has also been low - 90/55 and 84/60 being my previous two readings. I called my endocrinologist to tell her and she wanted me to go get some labs done and send the results to her. I did, among other things (that all came back normal) I had my TSH and T4 tested.

My TSH was 2.5, which doesn't seem alarming, but my TSH as of 6 mos ago was 1.3. My T4, however, was 0.57. (Ref 0.62 to 1.3 or so?) When I talked to my endocrinologist about it, she said she wasn't particularly over-concerned about my TSH and T4, but that my T4 has been on a general downward trend the last two labs prior, and my TSH is on a general upward trend. She said given my symptoms that she is going to have me come in a few weeks from now to test my T4 and TSH again, and look for antithyroid antibodies.

I am just curious if it would make sense that this is explaining my symptoms, and if I'm likely looking at hashimoto's. I figure I can just have underactive thyroid, but since I have an autoimmune disease already, could be possible.

I have also been peeing like it's my job. I have had to urinate essentially every hour or so on the hour since I woke up this morning. I am not sure if that's related but it's SUPER annoying.

Last edited by electrode; 04-18-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply