It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Which NDT is better: Nature-Throid or Armour?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
    FreeTuneUp
    (male)

FreeTuneUp HB User
    Which NDT is better: Nature-Throid or Armour?

Which NDT is better: "Nature-Throid" or "US Armour Thyroid?"

I probably do NOT need over 1/2 grain of NDT (Naturally dessicated thyroid) = 50 mcg of Levothyroxine. At most, probably, 3/4 grain NDT = 75 mcg Levo].

Started taking "Thyroid Support Supplement" (by 1 Body) and want to do in combination with a Thyroid med. Absolutely can NOT stand LEVO anymore. Tried "Thyroid Support" (by 1 Body) with LEVO and couldn't stand it.

When I use the "Thyroid support" (by 1 Body) by itself [only 1 time daily in AM] I do NOT have the BAD reactions, but I know I probably need a med, also, and not just support.

I have taken LEVO for 4 years and can NOT stand the "detached" feeling (brain fog) anymore, nor the bad feelings. (Started with 25 mcg in 2013 and moved up to 50, 75 and 88 mcg recently.)

In May, 2013, my TSH was 10.17 and then down to 9.87 in June, 2014. Then started taking "US Armour Thyroid" 90 mg (= 1.5 grains) and TSH went down to 0.06. Then 9-2014, the Doctor switched me to Levothyroxine 25 mcg and TSH stayed around 2.0 for 6 months or longer. Then doctor started raising LEVO (as I was feeling fatigue) to 50, 75 and last 3 years. My recent TSH readings have been 0.88 (March, 2017) and 1.14 (May, 2017).

Thanks for your help and any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: Which NDT is better: Nature-Throid or Armour?

Nature-throid and Armour are equivalent. Differences in the inert ingredients can cause differences in the way your body breaks them down so the active hormones will release. There's no way to know which will work better for you until you try them both.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:28 AM   #3
    MaryMcK
    (female)

MaryMcK HB User
    Re: Which NDT is better: Nature-Throid or Armour?

For some reason Naturethroid is cheaper in my region & with my insurance, so you could look into that.

My doctor flat-out told me she had no training in thyroid & adrenal issues and recommended I go to the integrative medicine clinic in town. Possibly you could find an integrative or functional medicine practitioner who could work with you on the thyroid meds and your other doctor could handle everything else?

Reply Reply

Tags
    dessicated, fatigued, natural, supplements, thyroid