It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Low T4, High T3?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
cynthia8152
(female)

cynthia8152 HB User
Low T4, High T3?

Hello everyone I am new to this site and figured I would make this post in hopes that maybe someone out there with a similar experience could help me out. So I went to my doctor recently and got a blood test done because I was worried about my thyroid. My results came back that :

-My T3 is high (4.6)
-Low T4 (.8)
-I have high cholesterol, which I find odd because I have really cleaned up my eating habits over the last year
- My c reactive protein is high (3.5), my doctor says this means my body is inflamed?

I have an appointment with a new doctor on Tuesday, as my old doctor just does not have the time to see me anymore. I am worried that the new doctor will just have me come back in a few months to check on the numbers again. However, I feel like I have the symptoms for hypothyroidism (weight gain, fatigue, dry skin, high cholesterol) . Anyone out there with a similar experience?

Side note: I found out I have a gluten sensitivity and have been on a gluten free diet since January

Also, my TSH is normal (1.6) so my old doctor said it can't be hashimoto's

Last edited by cynthia8152; 05-27-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2017, 12:08 AM   #2
SMG2006
(female)

SMG2006 HB User
Re: Low T4, High T3?

Hi! I've been hypothyroid for about 3yrs and its been horrible. I've seen Dr after Dr and none of them can even understand or help so I've been doing my own research. I also have low t4 and high t3 which isn't normal when this happens it means your pooling basically your t3 isn't going into your cells and is floating around in the blood. Which could becaused by high or low iron or high or low cortisol. If you haven't had that checked you should. My iron is high, I have appt coming up to do an iron test and from everything I've read having high iron is really bad. Hope you get everything figured out

The Following User Says Thank You to SMG2006 For This Useful Post:
cynthia8152 (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
cynthia8152
(female)

cynthia8152 HB User

@SMG2006 thank you for the info! I hope you get everything figured out too! 3 years is a long time and I'm so sorry you haven't been able to find a doctor to help. I recently went to see a doctor that basically told me to just see a nutritionist, but I know something is wrong so I have an appointment to see an endocrinologist next week and I am hoping he will be able to help me!

Last edited by moderator2; 06-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #4
SMG2006
(female)

SMG2006 HB User

Thank you I hope you can find someone to help you

Reply Reply

Tags
hypothyroidism, thyroid