It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• terrible bloating.....help!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2003, 02:03 PM   #1
    miller01

miller01 HB User
    Unhappy terrible bloating.....help!!!

I am hypo and have had this terrible bloating that seems to be getting worse. I have gained a few pounds but yet I haven't changed my eating habits. My clothes are sooo tight and its driving me crazy. Its all in my stomach area or lower gastro area. I went to gyn to see if maybe there was a cyst or something related to gyn. Thank God he didn't find any. But now what?

Is there a book that discusses bloating in detail and/or a diet book that will help? I am willing to try anything that might help. My sis thought that maybe with my drinking water out of a straw that I might be getting excess gas/air. So I stopped drinking from straw. Nothing yet. Do any of you have this bloating problem or have you had this problem? How are you dealing with it? PLEASE help. I feel that I am so fat. What can I do?

I am going to a new endo at the end of this month. Maybe she will listen and offer helpful suggestions.

I have also noticed that I am more tired lately...maybe my thyroid is not stabilized. My last TSH was 1.41. It started at 8.2 in June 2001 (after giving borth to baby. My stomach is so chubby and bloated its like I am pregnant again..but I'm not.)

Any input will help. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2003, 03:21 PM   #2
    Hillary

Hillary HB User
    I also feel bloated a lot of the time and thought I was pregnant. Which it impossible since my husband has been fixed. I notice that I feel more bloated when I am constipated and when I eat white flour and sugar. Thanks to a chatboard suggestion, I have started taking Metamucil in a glass of water. This seems to help. During my period it is even worse. I'm not sure if this is a side-effect of Synthroid or if it will disappear once my dosage is correct. My tsh is at 24. I guess we just have to try and stick to natural, wholesome foods. Good luck.

Old 02-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #3
    TreeFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB User
    Smile

Sugar feeds the natural yeast in the body, and can cause bloating. It seems like hypo people are more senstive to sugar than some others. We really do need to avoid it.

Also, you may be still undermedicated for your personal needs. When I got to my best dose, the bloating went away...IF I don't eat too much sugar or refined carbs.

Closed Thread