It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• It's just stress...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #1
    unwell

unwell HB User
    Post It's just stress...

I had an appointment with a new doctor today and I went in there with high hopes. I left feeling terrible.

He wouldn't listen to any of my opinions on the TSH test. In fact he told me that in the UK they are considering dropping the T3 and T4 because TSH is "sensitive enough".
    However, he did agree to a T3 and T4 test, so that's a result.

Tell me, can stress cause me to wake up shivering with a body temp of 96.2? That's not a rhetorical question by the way. Is there a chance that this is stress?
    I feel like stress is a symptom because I felt bad and stressed long before I had reason to be strssed. (if that makes sense)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2003, 03:49 PM   #2
    lupinepr

lupinepr HB User
    Talking

Hi

Go by your gut instinct. I had a baby in Sept and I could not sleep after that five months. I recently went to the doctor and she did a blood test per my request to discover that I had Hashimoto Disease and my TSH was 101.55. I had been to 5 Dr appt previously and they all told me that I was just stressed from being a new Mom. I knew that something was wrong that made me more stressed - which did not help me sleep any better. I am now on 157 of Levoxyl and my TSH is at 58. I still have a ways to go but I had to force my Doctor to give me the test. Insist

Old 02-18-2003, 11:34 AM   #3
    unwell

unwell HB User
    He actually told me I was winding him up. I'm guessing drugs for stress are cheap because they try to blame everything on it.

Closed Thread