It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Anyone taking Naturethroid

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
poeyou
(female)

poeyou HB User
Anyone taking Naturethroid

Hi all!

I asked my dr to switch me from synthroid to naturethroid..
I think the conversion is wrong..
I'm was taking 112mcg of synthroid and it looks like I should take 1 grain for 1 and 1/4 grain of naturethroid. I'm taking 2 1/4 grains.. however..
my latest blood test was

Free t3 2.3 (2.0 - 4.2)
Free t 4 .67 (.82-1.77)

Not feeling good at all... any recommendations. I'm have been trying to figure this out for so long that I don't want to throw in the towel its just so frustrating.
I have a lot of anxiety but I take care of a parent living with my husband and me plus daughter.. can't figure it out if it's stress for thyroid med causing so much anxiety.

thanks for your help..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
midwest1
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Anyone taking Naturethroid

The conversion is slightly skewed high. NT's 2.25 grains is somewhere in the 167 mcg Synthroid area. But your labs surely don't say you're overmedicated. Quite the opposite. So hang in there for a while with the NT. It takes time to make thyroid changes. Very little changes fast.

Low thyroid is a frequent cause of undue anxiety. Throw in med changes and it's a huge challenge to manage life. Try to be patient, and don't beat yourself up for not being "yourself" till you get a better handle on the change. Some difficulty should be expected.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:45 AM   #3
poeyou
(female)

poeyou HB User

Thanks......I Hope I can figure this out..I appreciate your reply

Old 12-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #4
MoBound
(female)

MoBound HB User

I can't say that I can help you with the Naturethroid as I just posted a question of my own about it. But, I can address being in a caregiver role while trying to deal with hypothyroidism.

I was a caregiver for my elderly Mom and for several years did that AND worked a full-time job. She suffered from Alzheimer's and during the last year of her life I had to quit my job & was her LONE caregiver 24/7/365. I understand the stress you are under and I just want to let you know there are others out there that can relate.

That said, I had a HORRIBLE time keeping my thyroid meds/levels on a consistent basis while I was caring for her. The constant stress of providing that care...and having my sleep disrupted in the middle of the night when she needed something...had my thyroid levels ALL over the place.

My advice to you, if you are financially able, have home nursing come in to help at least a few days per week to give you a chance to get out of the house & away from the caregiving responsibility & do something for yourself...even if it's just 2 hours to take a walk in the park. If you can't afford that, please try to find a family member who will sit with your relative for a few hours each week so you can get that 'me' time. Your thyroid and your general health overall will thank you.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #5
poeyou
(female)

poeyou HB User

Thank you Mo for the kind words.. sometimes you feel all alone in this role of caregiver. Its amazing what stress does to the body. I have a supporting family and do try to carve out some time but it's so hard to juggle the responsibility at times.

Last edited by poeyou; 12-13-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Reply Reply