It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• pancreatitis and hypoT?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2003, 02:40 PM   #1
    jinglebts
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
    Talking pancreatitis and hypoT?

in june 2001, i had a short bout of pancreatitis, and was left with an underfunctioning digestive system for which i was prescribed motilium (the closest US drug is reglan), then in august 2001 my mum died, in the summer of 2002 the antidepressant that i was on began to fail (i'd been on them for 20 years for disthymia [mild depression]), and none have worked since (SSRIs, effexor, manerix, remeron) and finally i was diagnosed as hypoT by a VERY sharp CFS doc ...

when i was diagnosed in march 2003, my TSH was 3.9, and when i called the clinic to get the actual NUMBERS, was just told "it's normal", and when i insisted on the numbers, she had to go off and ask if i was allowed to have them! (i go to a big anonymous clinic where FORTUNATELY my GP is rather good.

and a yeyar to the very date after my mum died (august 28, 2001), i had some seizures over the 2002 labour day weekend ...

i just wonder if the pancreatitis could have been the start, because i know that the functioning of all the organs slows down, but could it cause inflammation?

BTW, the pancreatitis only lasted a day (which in itself is quite unusual), but i'm certain it was pancreatitis because the ER tested for it and my enzymes were all over the place ... and as soon as the nurse palpated it, the pain disappeared, and i felt foolish for even wasting their time ... i thought i had got food poisoning at lunch, by 5:00 i was hurting, by 7:00 i was in real pain and nauseated, and at 10:00 we went to ER because i was in severe pain ... the nausea didn't leave me 'til i was put on motilium, about a month later (not the greatest way to lose the weight that i had always wanted to lose ...

anyone else had an experience like this???

[This message has been edited by jinglebts (edited 05-06-2003).]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread