It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Should I be worried?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
    Molly2022
    (female)

Molly2022 HB User
    Should I be worried?

I have had hypothyroidism for 15 years being treated with medication. Last week I saw a new doctor and when she felt my thyroid she said It felt enlarged and scheduled me for an ultrasound. I am having no symptoms of any sort but yet I am concerned of why she would do this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Should I be worried?

Hi Molly,

Basically, the same thing happened to me and it's the worst thing when you are left to worry about what the result might be. I felt like my life was over.

Then when I got the result from my doctor I found out that everything was okay. Doctors will do this as a precaution as they would rather err on the side of caution.

I know this is easy to say but it's true that, "excessive worrying will not help" so try your best not to worry. Keep yourself busy with things you like to do so as to keep your mind distracted.

Best regards,
    John

Old 06-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
    Tree Frog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User
    Re: Should I be worried?

Hi Molly

No reason to worry, of course, but that the thyroid seemed swollen is the symptom of concern.
    Did you find out anything?

Reply Reply