It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Please help - desperate for clarification

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
    Ali242
    (female)

Ali242 HB User
    Please help - desperate for clarification

Hi everyone

I have zero idea what Iím dealing with here. Neither does my doc.

Was dc with Hashimotos 3 years ago - have always had high antibodies. My Thyroglobulin was just tested and was very high, (NOT the antibodies - those were also high but Iím talking about just the Thyroglobulin).

Doc doesnít know what this means. Endo basically doesnít care. I had an ultrasound two years ago and it showed a small thyroid with heterogeneous features and no nodules.

Does this Thyroglobulin mean anything? Could it signify cancer given normal-ish ultrasound? Please help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: Please help - desperate for clarification

Unless you've had your gland removed for treatment of thyroid cancer, the thyroglobulin level is meaningless. A rising level would indicate that thyroid tissue is regenerating, with a potential for a return of the cancer. Otherwise, there's really no good reason to measure the level.
    Don't worry about it.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #3
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Please help - desperate for clarification

Ali242,

Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disease. I've done a lot of research on this in recent years and it seems the most likely cause is dietary, but there may be other contributing factors such as stress.

From my experience, medical doctors are not at all helpful as they have no training for it. For example, my doctor said that nothing could be done, other than take medication. So I did a lot of studying to find there are many things one can do to get thyroid issues under control without resorting to medication.

But not everyone is the same so I don't think I can tell you exactly what you would need to do. I would recommend that you do some research of your own and see what you think applies to you.

Reply Reply