It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Does my wife have a thyroid disorder???!!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-22-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
    Drewsephus11
    (male)

Drewsephus11 HB User
    Question Does my wife have a thyroid disorder???!!!

I really hope some one can shed some light on to my inquiry. I will try to be brief.
    For the most part for as long as I have known my wife (8 years) she has had these characteristics (I will elaborate below) and its been off and on how much these things bother me. Well its gotten to a point were I cant wait anymore and I am beginning to think there is a medical origin to most if not all what I am about to say.

Here are some "symptoms" I think she has that I have cross referenced online with a possible thyroid condition.
    - She generally lacks energy and stamina. (Our running joke is that I have 6 batteries while she has two.) She NEEDS a nap during the day even on a good nights rest. She has always been this way. In grade school her mother would warn teachers that she will probably fall asleep during class. The duration of her sleep has always been fairly short compared to me 6-7 hours maybe.
    - She almost has no sex drive. (might have to do with the energy thing but possibly hormonal).
    - She is quick to anger and slow to calm down. One moment we can be reminiscing of a romantic memory (and all is well in the world) then I do "something" to anger the beast and suddenly I am enemy number one, and there is no talking her down or reasoning with her. She is just ANGRY. She has even admitted she has issues with anger.
    - She gets these muscle cramps in both her calf muscles. She has described it like restless leg syndrome. She gets these regardless of physical activity pretty much daily.
    - She has dealt with bad depression in the past but even today dealing with family issues can put her in a slump for days on end.
    - Her hair has been on the course and thin side (notably more so than the average women)
    - Lets even through in intolerance to cold (however she is Chinese and they hate the cold, but worth mentioning).

One more caveat: We had a baby a year ago (she was like this before the baby) and doctors did checks on her blood/hormone levels while she was pregnant. Everything checked out then. Would pregnancy throw thyroid hormones out of wack or do they not even check that on pregnant women. Or is this low testosterone .... uhhh I don't know, very frustrating.

I know no one can say for sure without blood work but can someone give me their opinion on this. Give us a reason to get blood work done.

Thanks!

(BTW we live and work in China so bear that in mind when giving advice of medical treatment).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    anger, low energy, low sex drive, low testosterone, thyroid disorder