It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Levothyroxine

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-24-2021, 04:03 PM   #1
    js4vna2
    (female)

js4vna2 HB User
    Levothyroxine

32 Hi all Haven't been on here in a very long time. I had my thyroid removed many many years ago. I have been on Levothyroxine. 'But, am not sure what time to take it. You can't have calcium or iron within 4 hours of taking the Levothyroxine. I've been taking at about 3 or 4 in the morning. Many many times I can't fall back asleep. I sleep only like 1 1/2 hours at a time. If I were to take it when I get up at about 6:30 am then I wouldn't be able to eat till about 10:30. I can't eat my cereal with water, etc. I need some advice. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2021, 07:39 PM   #2
    Sadtosay
    Veteran
    (female)

Sadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB User
    Re: Levothyroxine

Hi there,

Take your levothyroxine in the morning when you get up -- your sleep is far too important to give up that way. There's no reason to take it in the middle of the night.

Just make sure you take your calcium and iron later in the day, when it won't interfere -- maybe your iron at noon and your calcium at dinner.

And don't worry about eating or drinking coffee after taking it. I never knew I wasn't supposed to -- nobody told me I shouldn't -- and it didn't interfere with my treatment at all. My doctor always checked my levels twice and year and adjusted accordingly.

Reply Reply