It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• pregnancy and tsh

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
    catjane

catjane HB User
    Question pregnancy and tsh

Right when we wanted to have a second child I was tested as hypo with TSH 14. Now, 6 months later I'm on .75 Synthroid since my last TSH test of .05. (I had one 2 weeks before that that was .02, and the doctor retested because we couldn't believe it, since I'd already had my dosage lowered from 1 to .88, because the last test had been .04, 8 weeks earlier.) He also tested T3 and T4, which were in the middle of normal range.

My regular doctor and a perinatalogy doctor both told me that it's okay for me to get pregnant now, and I want to believe them, but I'm still not feeling that great. Is .02 or .05 still a pretty normal TSH? I've been getting headaches and bloating, and heart races if I have any caffeine at all. My doctor says, oh, don't worry about it, and doesn't seem to think I have any problem. Is being slightly hyper any risk for a baby? I also wonder how easily I can even get pregnant with the 25-day cycle I've been having.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
    Rachelyne

Rachelyne HB User
    I noticed nobody answered you for 4 days. I am very new. I try to answer you and in the mean time bump you; so other people can answer you. I think you should lower your medecine again since you are responding to it so nicely. The first trimester the embryo needs sufficient amount of t4. Just make sure your t4 is in medium to hi range. I think you can go to TSH of 1. The heart beat indicates that you are getting hyper or your body is getting adjusted to the medecine.
    Good luck with your pregnancy.

Closed Thread