It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• anxiety and hashi's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2003, 04:02 PM   #1
    burdhome

burdhome HB User
    Question anxiety and hashi's

I was just curious, does anyone here that has hashi's get anxiety and panic attacks. I was dx a few months ago with hashi's and am now having alot of anxiety. about 8 to 10 years ago I used to have severe panic and anxiety attacks and had them for probably a good 6 years and than they went away. now it seems they are back with a vengence. I have been having horrible insomnia, and just feeling very anxious like I am going to crawl out of my skin. and this is constant. I am going to the docs on friday so I will ask him about this but I was just wondering if I am the only one with this going on. I took a zanax last night which seemed to help greatly. does anyone here take zanax also? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
    DaveinCt

DaveinCt HB User
    Hi:

Your situation sounds just like mine! Dxd with Hashi and have struggled with anxiety and PA's for last few years. Knowing what's causing it is half the battle. I use low doses of Klonopin occasionally which helps with the anxiety, etc. As a former president said "I feel your pain" Hope you can get it under control.

Dave

Old 10-14-2003, 08:20 PM   #3
    Divermon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Divermon HB User
    I had the same thing, just maybe not as bad as you describe. I took xanax on a few occasions, and that did help. Now I think I understand what was happening....

As the antibodies were munching on my thyroid gland and I was going into Hyper..... it sometimes felt like I drank several cups of coffee. That was years ago, and lasted a few years.

Then I went through the last few years where I had no problems at all. I guess the antibodies had chewed away enough.

Then suddenly, last May, I crashed into Hypo-land.

You're not alone. Lot's of people here can feel your pain.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:39 PM   #4
    burdhome

burdhome HB User
    thanks for the replies, I do believe i was hyper before when I had the attacks but the reason I was finally tested for hashi's was because I went very hypo. I guess that is what I was wondering was if anyone still had anxiety problems while they are hypo.I did not have any anxiety for probably the last 6 years and now that I am hypo the attacks have returned. I am now taking levothroid and I thought maybe I was getting that as a hyper symptom but my heart rate is normal and so is my bp. it just seems very strange to me. although I have heard that with hashi's you get a mixture of symptoms. hmmm I will have to talk to my endo friday when I go to him. thanks again

Closed Thread