It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• muscle tightness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2004, 08:08 AM   #1
    cossette2
    Veteran
    (female)

cossette2 HB User
    Question muscle tightness

Will muscle tightness improve onceyou get your thyroid meds balance? It almsot feels like they are seizing up when i exercise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
    CrystalSpirit

CrystalSpirit HB User
    Re: muscle tightness

I wish I could remember where I read this...I've been reading everything I can get my hands/eyes on about thyroid stuff lately...but I know I read somewhere that hypothyroid patients often have muscle aches and excess tension.

And what I read said, it might seem strange that a disease associated with low energy and weakness, would go hand-in-hand with muscle tightness and tension, but that it's not so strange if you think of death and rigor mortis. So I thought, okay, that's why we hypos tend to have tense muscles and muscle aches, we are half-dead in a sense, LOL.

Now I don't remember where I read this, so I don't know how valid the theory is. Just wanted to let you know, I have seen something about this somewhere so maybe it's possible that muscle tension is associated with hypothyroidism.

The more I read, the more I think that almost any symptom in the whole world could be due to thyroid malfunction. I am amazed at the number of symptoms that can be attributed to thyroid malfunction!

So don't ever let a doctor or anyone tell you you are crazy, that this or that can't be caused by thyroid problems. If you feel you have muscle tightness and soreness, then you DO have it, so don't ever let a doctor try to tell you it's all in your head!

And if you go on thyroid medicine and it gets better, then it seems to me there's a really good chance, it WAS caused by the thyroid.

CS

Closed Thread