It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Feeling SUPER BAD!! Again!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User
    Feeling SUPER BAD!! Again!!

Okay, I'm feeling really crappy again. My hands are trembling, my eyes are going blurry and my whole body is itchy like crazy! If I look very closely at my skin there are pink blotches everywhere!!! I feel extremely fatigued and the breathing is little manual (although not too bad). I don't think my heart beat is beating TOO fast (just a little) and I feel like throwing up... this can't be my thyroid... my test results were not that bad to warrant this kind of condition... WHAT IS GOING ON?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 08:58 PM   #2
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User
    Re: Feeling SUPER BAD!! Again!!

Oh, I am also shivering but my temperature is not high or low 37.4C... and my head is very ***** and heavy...

Old 03-20-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
    abbygirl2
    Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

Hi, I just happened to read this and I feel exactly like you do-except the pink blotches. I am waiting for my thyroid results but didn't even realize any of these were thyroid symptoms. How long have you been feeling this way?

Old 03-20-2004, 09:15 PM   #4
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User

Abby,

A few months.. but my thyroid results came back in the normal range... I have no idea what it is.. this is really starting to scare me... I have so many TD symptoms but my doc thinks I'm fine!! I hope you find out what's wrong SOON!!!

Old 03-20-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
    LuvMyLilDoggie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Oh Sky, I don't know what to say. I feel terrible for you. You've had a really rough time.
    What were your lab results? Your labs don't have to be too far out of range to feel as horrible as you do so it could all be thyroid related. But if I were you, I would go to the doc and get checked out again.
    I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Barb

Old 03-20-2004, 09:22 PM   #6
    LuvMyLilDoggie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Sorry I didn't see your last post before I posted. Maybe it's time for another doc? Obviously you're NOT fine.
    Barb

Last edited by LuvMyLilDoggie; 03-20-2004 at 09:24 PM.

Old 03-20-2004, 09:38 PM   #7
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User

Thanks Barb,

My thyroid results are questionable but still within the normal ranges...

tsh: 0.35 (0.35-5.00)
    ft4: 13 (10-20)
    ft3: 3 (2.6-5.7)

See, not TOO bad, shouldn't be causing such DRAMATIC symptoms!!!
    My new doc is not going to help me... she referred me to a shrink and told me to go on BCPs... I'm hoping the holistic MD I'm going to see at the end of the month will help. I will be tested for 5-6 hours but the results will take a month to process and then maybe MORE testing... so there are still many days ahead where I have to feel like cr*p and not know what is wrong with me.... if the holisitic MD doesn't diagnose me with SOMETHING, I really don't know what to do...

(that took me so long to type! I had to edit it so many times)...getting dumb right now too

Old 03-21-2004, 11:51 PM   #8
    jinglebts
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
    Unhappy Re: Feeling SUPER BAD!! Again!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sky77
    Thanks Barb,

My thyroid results are questionable but still within the normal ranges...

tsh: 0.35 (0.35-5.00)
    ft4: 13 (10-20)
    ft3: 3 (2.6-5.7)

See, not TOO bad, shouldn't be causing such DRAMATIC symptoms!!!
    My new doc is not going to help me... she referred me to a shrink and told me to go on BCPs... I'm hoping the holistic MD I'm going to see at the end of the month will help. I will be tested for 5-6 hours but the results will take a month to process and then maybe MORE testing... so there are still many days ahead where I have to feel like cr*p and not know what is wrong with me.... if the holisitic MD doesn't diagnose me with SOMETHING, I really don't know what to do...

(that took me so long to type! I had to edit it so many times)...getting dumb right now too
    just managed to delete my whole post to you ,so will type it again and you'll just have to bear with the typos!

when i was DX'd hypo at a TSH of 3.9 -- not anywhere near out of the range, i had the following symptoms: bone-shaking cold, constipation, suicidal depressio, exhaustion, you name it ... the MD who DX'd me at 3.9 was very wise and treated me, and tho' i went thru' hell for the last few months, think i'm gradually coping (ask me again next week )...

so with a TSH of 0.35??!! you're at the very bottom of the range, and it's quite poss. that if your TSH had been 0.34, your MD would have swung into action (altho' i doubt it, she just sounds as if she thinks the whole thing should go away)) ... i've also had nausea and itching when i went hyper, trembling, and come to think of it, blotchiness on my hands and feet ..

the point is that the severity of the symptoms are not related to the numbers -- i've seen people ask if they could be hypO at a TSH of 10, and their symptoms are relatively few, and i was severly hypO at a TSH of 3.9 ...

you're quite probably hypER even if your ft4 is ... well ... adequate, but your ft3 is not -- at 3, it's barely above the bottom of the range, and it's the T3 that makes your thyroid work, not the TSH (that's only an indicator) or the T4 ... i think you're hypER and you aren't converting enough T3 to make a difference, altho' your T4 says you are ...

i am certain you will have a DX from your holistic MD, but meanwhile, just what the heck does your new doc think she's doing?? she seems to be fobbing you off on a shrink just to get you off her hands, but is she an endo? can you get a second opinion even from your GP (or PCP)? ...

you need help desperately, and i'd really try every avenue to get help before you see the holistic guy whose tests will take weeks ... and why is that anyway? can yolur holistic MD do a thyroid panel (or you could even take your current results to him), and not wait for however long the other tests take, to treat you?

i'm almost certain you're hypER, because of your extremely low TSH and low T3 ...

keep us posted ...
    jb
    ~meanwhail, try taking some selenium -- it helps the conversion process ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-22-2004, 11:52 AM   #9
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User

Jingle,

I actually felt sooo bad last night that my boyfriend brought me to ER. I was feeling faint/dizzy after I ate (got the snowflake vision). Anyway, I had to wait a while at ER, and by the time I got in I was feeling a lot better. They did a whole series of blood work (but not thyroid, just the standard emergency stuff). The docs there think I might be hyper also. When you were hyper did you notice that your blood pressure was low? yesterday mine was ~120-60, resting heart beat was roughly 110 (all this was measured when I was already feeling better).

I'll look into the selenium; by bf will probably not want me to take it because he thinks I should stop taking my vitamins until I get everything checked out!

ttyl,
    sophie

Old 03-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #10
    Peeps

Peeps HB User

Quote:
    Jingle,

I actually felt sooo bad last night that my boyfriend brought me to ER. I was feeling faint/dizzy after I ate (got the snowflake vision). Anyway, I had to wait a while at ER, and by the time I got in I was feeling a lot better. They did a whole series of blood work (but not thyroid, just the standard emergency stuff). The docs there think I might be hyper also. When you were hyper did you notice that your blood pressure was low? yesterday mine was ~120-60, resting heart beat was roughly 110 (all this was measured when I was already feeling better).

I'll look into the selenium; by bf will probably not want me to take it because he thinks I should stop taking my vitamins until I get everything checked out!

ttyl,
    sophie
    Hi Sophie,

I just wanted to wish you well and hope that you feel better very soon.

I was noticing that the numbers you posted for fT4 are much different than the ranges used for mine. Might it be Total T4 and not Free T4? I am pretty new to all of this, so maybe I shouldn't be commenting on that and throwing anyone off - just an observation that I was wondering about. The range for Free T4 on my lab was (.58-1.64). When my total T4 was tested some years back, my total T4 was 12, which is close to what you listed for 'your' fT4 - but the range you stated was different than the range used on my Total T4 lab.

Most of your symptoms sound like hyper, but when you mentioned wondering about a lower BP indicating hyper, I would think that would be the opposite. 120/60 is a good BP, but don't know what you normally run - if a diastolic of 60 is low for you? (it would be for me, but I have high BP - on a med for it). Your pulse was up.

I hope I haven't confused you more ~

How are you now? I hope better than you were! Please keep us posted as you are able.

Feel better,
    Sue

Last edited by Peeps; 03-22-2004 at 12:34 PM.

Old 03-22-2004, 12:42 PM   #11
    mintchocolate
    Veteran

mintchocolate HB User

Sky,

We need to know your lab results, just saying they are normal does not mean anything. I suffered for years with NORMAL results, please post them.

Mintchoc

Old 03-22-2004, 12:47 PM   #12
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User

Mint,

I did post them:

tsh: 0.35 (0.35-5)
    freeT4: 13 (10-20)
    free T3: 3 (2.6-5.7)
    No antibodies....

Sophie

Old 03-22-2004, 01:03 PM   #13
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User

Peeps,

I don't know why my lab normal ranges are sooo different to yours. I'm pretty new to all this too. I went to my local drug store before ER to get the blood pressure check and the phamacist (spelling?) said my blood pressure was a little low but should not be causing the symptoms, so I went to ER. The didn't say nothing about my BP, just thought I'll mention it. I don't know what my normal BP is but I know it's always been fairly healthy. I've been measuring my body temp every morning before getting out of bed for the past few days; my range is 37.4-37.7...so I definately don't think I'm hypo (dunno about hyper). I'm waking up a few times a night.. my mind always seems to be on overdrive ( I'm sooo tired but my mind won't shut down)... and I don't know if this has to do with anything but my period is now 3 weeks late!!! I know this might be too graphic or detailed, but the last time i had my period; all the blood could've fitted on 1 pad! that's how light it was! I'm still waiting to start my BCPs...

how have you been feeling these days? I hope you have been feeling better. I feel flushed/hot all the the time with light pink blotches on my face (sooo itchy). However, there are some times where my feet and hands just go ice cold ( in general it's hot). Some days it is better than others so it makes me wonder if it's something else (but it has been getting worst generally). I'm going to get a food allergy test done next wednesday...

I also worked out yesterday (I used to run 2-3 miles a day)... didn't do it for months because I've been feeling so tired. So yesterday I went to the gym and worked out for 20 mins... couldn't run anymore.. just walked... I actually felt pretty good after 20 mins but an hour later it just seemed like my system crashed (while i was having dinner)... dunno if THIS had anything to do with TD...

Sophie

Old 03-22-2004, 01:11 PM   #14
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User

Peeps,

I'm also located in Canada /Toronto.. Maybe we use a different meaurement system? I'm pretty sure my results are for the 'frees'... I always thought hyper was high BP also...that's why I AM a little confused...

Old 03-22-2004, 01:58 PM   #15
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

Quote:
    Mint,

I did post them:

tsh: 0.35 (0.35-5)
    freeT4: 13 (10-20)
    free T3: 3 (2.6-5.7)
    No antibodies....

Sophie
    IMO your free numbers are too low to be feeling well, your free T4 should be 15 or higher, your free T3 should be higher also, both should be mid to upper part of the range, if my numbers are below mid range I feel absolutely terrible.
    Though these are "in range" they are not in the right part of the range. Maybe you are super sensitive, I am, if my numbers are just a bit off I feel it big time.

Closed Thread