It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Anyone else hypo with fast pulse?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
    cossette2
    Veteran
    (female)

cossette2 HB User
    Anyone else hypo with fast pulse?

I thought i read that one of the symptoms of hypo is a slow pulse. Well mine is fast (around 80 usually or higher). My blood pressure is 120/80 or so usually which is just about perfect. I am also on hormones (estrogen and progesterone) for over 25 years for primary amenorrhea and anti-d too. Could they be affecting my pulse?

Just wondering if my pulse should return to somewhat more normal once i get my other hypo symptoms in order.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
    Re: Anyone else hypo with fast pulse?

I have had a faster pulse when my levels were hypo, here lately though its been slower when my levels are hypo.

Old 06-27-2004, 07:36 PM   #3
    Lostdog

Lostdog HB User

My pulse has increased significantly since having hypoT.It would always run in the high 50's before, rarely ever crossed over 60.Now I am lucky to keep it below 80(even resting).My blood pressure has ALWAYS been very good-114/70.Now it runs about 125/90.I am not happy about that at all.Before hypo, it was not unusual for my pulse to drop into the 40's while resting.

Old 06-27-2004, 07:36 PM   #4
    Lostdog

Lostdog HB User

My pulse has increased significantly since having hypoT.It would always run in the high 50's before, rarely ever crossed over 60.Now I am lucky to keep it below 80(even resting).My blood pressure has ALWAYS been very good-114/70.Now it runs about 125/90.I am not happy about that at all.Before hypo, it was not unusual for my pulse to drop into the 40's while resting.

Old 06-27-2004, 09:06 PM   #5
    LuvMyLilDoggie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Generally speaking, a normal resting pulse is between 60 and 80. However, a person who runs, jogs or does other strenuous exercise on a regular basis may have a resting pulse rate of 100 or higher.
    I too have a pulse rate and bp that runs a bit higher since I started hypo meds. Honestly, I think it has more to do with the meds than the disease. My bp and pulse rate never changed much until I was on the meds.
    But that's just my opinion.
    Barb

Old 06-28-2004, 05:43 AM   #6
    Eeyore22

Eeyore22 HB User

My heart rate has always been at least 80 while resting - can be in the 100s when I get moving. Blood pressure has usually been low - but seems to be a bit higher now. My cholesterol is pretty low, too - all well within normal limits.
    I guess they need to re-write the textbook!

Closed Thread