It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Anybody tried "Lean for Less"?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2004, 04:47 AM   #1
    LucyPearl
    (female)

LucyPearl HB User
    Question Anybody tried "Lean for Less"?

Hi all....
    I've been reading up on Mary Shomon and her thyroid experiences, advise, etc...she sounds VERY knowledgable in this area. I really have to get her books. I just curious, has anyone tried any of the supplements she recommends in her books..."Lean for Less" brand - Thermogenics (supposed to help stimulate thyroid and support weight loss), carb regulator and water regulator? If so, any success? I'm very cautious about taking weight loss pills/supplements. I'm afraid of heart palpitations...I get those during a really bad anxiety attack...don't need any help! Does anyone have any experience with any other types of supplements/vitamins that have been helpful in relieving hypo symtoms as well as boosting they thyroid function? I want to try something in addition to the meds I'm on but just not sure if I really should. Still waiting for my newest labs to come back...will post results when they do. In the meantime, a warm friendly hello to all and hoping your weekend is great!
    LucyPearl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
    LynnHan

LynnHan HB User
    Re: Anybody tried "Lean for Less"?

You know what Lucy? Nope, I don't have anything to OFFER specifically on what she recommends...but her BOOKS are excellent! However, I personally feel that BEFORE I continued down the road to MORE self medicating...which I was doing PLENTY of...because IF your taking herbal medications AND the Dr. doesn't assist...you are SELF MEDICATING....I FINALLY came to the point of FINDING someone who WILL KNOW about this "stuff".

We can screw ourselves UP more IF we aren't going to someone who KNOWS what to look for. BUT, I understand your desperation. You know I do.

Get her books, read, but, don't get too crazy doing this on your own. OKAY?

I have a real "peace of mind" in anticipating my NEW knowledgable Dr who will HELP ME instead of looking like me like I'm asking her if I'll grow two heads or something if I ask for her opinion on viatmins or suppliments. Honestly, I don't think MANY Dr.'s really KNOW? ...nor care for all that matters!

Closed Thread