It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• thyroid causes muscle aches; what about lumps?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
    Rorie
    (female)

Rorie HB User
    thyroid causes muscle aches; what about lumps?

I am in the process of being diagnosed...my regular doctor is sending me to an endocrinolgoist in a week. But in the meantime, I keep getting more "symptoms" and I don't know what to do about it. I know thyroid problems can cause muscle aches, but what about soft lump-type things? I've noticed one on my lower arm, and I think there is one on my upper arm. These are under the skin and kinda flat feeling & they are not hard like bone.

This arm is very achy. My initial thyroid tests were all in the normal range, so I don't know for sure it is thyroid related. I am having a hard time knowing if I should run to my regular doctor every time I see something new, or wait for the upcoming endo appointment. Will the endo be interested in a lump in my arm?

I have seen my regular doctor like once a week for the last 3 weeks because of all these new issues, muscles spasms, etc. and I am getting embarrassed to keep going in there. He said he could order a shoulder x-ray if I wanted, which I wasn't sure what made him suggest that. I had just told him my arm was achy (this was before I discovered the lump).

Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
    SHMILY
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User
    Re: thyroid causes muscle aches; what about lumps?

Someone else may know more about the hypothyroid symptoms than I do. I have read that when you have rheumatoid arthritis you have the lumps. Your regular doctor can do blood test to rule that out before he sends you to a rheumotologist.

The are so many symptoms your thyroid causes I wouldn't be surprised if lumps could be a symptom.

Closed Thread