It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Hypo...do They Remove The Thyroid If The Medicine Dont Work..and How To Lose Weight

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
pim4life
(male)

pim4life HB User
Hypo...do They Remove The Thyroid If The Medicine Dont Work..and How To Lose Weight

1. If All Medicine Fails..synthroid..cytomel..amour..etc..
What Is The Next Step If Your Blood Work Is Going Through The Roof And You Have Pre Cancerous Cells..
Do They Remove The Thryoid..has Anyone Who Is Hypo Not Hyper Had There Thyroid Removed

2. I Have Dieted..i Have Starved.i Have Had 2 Gstric Bypass Surgery And I Am Still Gaining Wieght ..i Exercise..but..
How Does Someone Who Is Hypo Lose The Wieght..

I Need Some Help..i Am Desperate.if I Dont Get Things Under Control I Am Going To Die Becuase Of My Thyroid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
sharonlynn

sharonlynn HB User
Re: Hypo...do They Remove The Thyroid If The Medicine Dont Work..and How To Lose Weight

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad and going through such a hard time. Have you consulted an Endo about your concerns? I am new to this whole thing too but I am sure your Endo can lead you in the right direction as far as the next step if all meds fail. What meds have you been on so far?

Old 04-01-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
pim4life
(male)

pim4life HB User
Re: Hypo...do They Remove The Thyroid If The Medicine Dont Work..and How To Lose Weight

25mg of cytomel and 125mg of synthroid.
i really dont have an agressive endo doctor..i need an new endo doctor
does anyone recommend one in the NEW YORK AREA

Old 04-01-2005, 08:06 AM   #4
irys
Senior Veteran
(female)

irys HB User

I'm pretty sure you can go higher with synthroid... but I'm not certain, I'm on Armour. Someone else should know...

EDIT: and it will be very difficult (if not impossible) to lose weight until your thyroid is in it's sweet spot. Keep in mind once your thyroid is good too, the weight won't just fall off.

Last edited by irys; 04-01-2005 at 08:08 AM.

Closed Thread