It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

should I find new endo?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
katski913

katski913 HB User
should I find new endo?

Hi-
I've had Hashi's for 6 or 7 years now and I was seeing an endo. I had some unresolved problems with fatigue, etc. He sent me for some blood tests. All seemed relatively normal. My TSH was a little on the normal/high end so he upped my Synthroid. My adrenals were "marginally" low, so he redid the test and said it seemed ok (felt my TSH was causing the problem). In November, he officially "cut me loose". He said that he could treat me for chronic fatigue since he didn't think there were any other autoimmune problems. I said "no thanks, I'm not going that route". He told me I was better off being treated by my GP and only paying one co-pay since thyroids are so easy to treat.
Ok, since my last visit, things have gone down hill (of course). I had a great deal of stress in the months of November and December. My Mom died on Dec. 10 from cancer, and as you know an illness like that is extremely stressful to everyone involved. In January I developed a rash that I cannot get rid of. I have extreme fatigue (going to bed at 8:30-9:00). Just walking from point A to point B makes me feel winded and my heart is pounding. I have had headaches on and off. Bouts of dizziness-almost a feeling of being "car sick" at times, short of breath, joints ache. Now for the big question: Should I assume this is all stress related, or do you think it's time to find a new endo? The thing with me is sometimes I don't trust myself. Some Dr.'s like to lead you to believe it's all in your head. PLEASE, some advise would be greatly appreciated!! Sorry this is soooo long
Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
pete0303
(female)

pete0303 HB User
Re: should I find new endo?

Kathy, I feel for you and am having the same symptoms, I am sorry about your mother and know that stress can contribute, I was fired by my GP yesterday because I had went to a holistic DOC a month age, He didn't diagsos me with blood tests but prescribed me westhroid, Since then I had improved a lot. well last week my gp drew blood and since i was taking the westhroid my tsh was low t4 normal and t3 high, I did not plan to have my blood drawn that day and wasn't fasting well any way since the tests were messed up I told her I had went to the holistic doc, she said she would call me to schedule a new appointment oh well i dont know if taking the westhroid will hurt me or not but i know it has helped so far and have no HYPER symptoms I am going to have to trust the holistic doc until i can find a new dr to do the blood work. Find a doctor who will listen to you if you can, and good luck wish i could be more help

Old 04-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Benzi
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

I would get some blood tests for anemia and thyroid and adrenal glands to start. I had they same symptoms and ended up in hospital with blood transfusions for anemia of which, they never did find the cause. Hope you feel better soon. It may be stress but if you are hypo or have adrenal problems stress aggravates these conditions.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
katski913

katski913 HB User

I think you're right. I'm going to go back to my GP. He's an osteopath (thank goodness) and he's very open to checking everything out. I see the dermatologist for the 3rd time on the 14th. Maybe she will do some further investigating.
I hate this feeling.....is it just stress, anxiety, etc. or am I sick? The most confusing thing to me about thyroid disease is not the physical, but the mental aspect of it. So many people tell you it's all in your head before you finally get that diagnosis, you begin thinking that you can't rely on your instinct any more.
Weird, huh? Well, I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it one way or another.
Kathy

Closed Thread